cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leoben
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,393
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad T530 Dual Monitor Setup: integrated graphics, Mini Dock Series 3 with GNU/Linux

The Mini Dock supports "up to two monitors can be attached and the ThinkPad display is disabled (ThinkPad display is blank)" according to http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-72873

Despite this statementI don't get a signal on both DVI ports, only with the discrete Nvidia graphics - which is not an option for me.

I appreciate any help regarding getting both docking DVI ports running with the Intel Graphics.

vab3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,771
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad T530 Dual Monitor Setup: integrated graphics, Mini Dock Series 3 with GNU/Linux

Same issue.  Can the integrated Intel Graphics drive the DVI port on the docking station?  Linux doesn't support Optimus, and I don't need the power of the nVidia, so I would like to set the bios to integrated-only mode to save battery power when I'm not docked.  Would hate to have to switch the bios everytime I move from the office to the coffeeshop.

vab3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,054
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad T530 Dual Monitor Setup: integrated graphics, Mini Dock Series 3 with GNU/Linux

Just wanted to bump this question.  Is there any way to turn off nVidia via software.  Mabye the system could boot in Optimus mode, and then turn off nVidia unless a docking station is detected?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors