Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zwenn84
Paper Tape
Views: 241
Message 1 of 4

V130-15IKB internal speakers are not working

I recently bought a new Lenovo V130-15IKB (81HN). The device comes without OS (DOS). My problem is, that on any Linux Distro I've tried so far(Ubuntu, Antergos) the internal speakers are not working. If headphones are connected I can hear the sound normally. So I guess the soundcard is detected correctly. Does anyone face the same issues? I'd appreciate any help.

Is there any possibility to test under DOS(without having windows installed) if the speakers are working at all?

Regards

Sven

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 172
Message 2 of 4

Re: V130-15IKB internal speakers are not working

Hi Zwenn84! Welcome to our forums community. Unfortunately, the V130-15IKB is not compatible to run the Linux OS. You can refer to this: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd031426.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Zwenn84
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 3 of 4

That really is unfortunate. I might have to give the device back then because it is useless to me without Linux support. I thought I couldn't go wrong with Lenovo on Linux. Do you know, if there might be support for the V130 in the future? Because it seems that besides from the internal speakers everything else is working fine.
Zwenn84
Paper Tape
Views: 91
Message 4 of 4

I does work now! I guess as the device is was released pretty recently it has only been a couple of days that things have been integrated into the newer kernel. Anyways, sound is working fine on newest ubuntu and arch linux

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors