Did you mean: 
Aquabon
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,122
Message 61 of 197

Re: Validity Fingerprint Reader Linux

@edmundlaugasson wrote:

From where that driver were downloaded?

All files have been recovered from this exe (https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/l68b89a0.exe)

Now, i have tried to launch < ndiswrapper -i synaWudfBioUsbLenovoIPTProd.inf > but it failed.. claiming about a model section missing. ("Synaptics' -) . Does't it mean that the submitted inf driver package is not 'compatible' or network adapter neither. .. I'll dig it further.

Few logs :

1) inf not modified

pascal@ThinkE560:~/lenovo/WBF_0090_USB_DRV$ sudo ndiswrapper -i synaWudfBioUsbLenovoIPTProd.inf
installing synawudfbiousblenovoiptprod ...
couldn't find models section "Synaptics" -
installation may be incomplete
pascal@ThinkE560:~//lenovo/WBF_0090_USB_DRV$

2) inf modified : empty section [synaptics] added !

pascal@ThinkE560:~/lenovo/WBF_0090_USB_DRV$ sudo ndiswrapper -i synaWudfBioUsbLenovoIPTProd.inf
installing synawudfbiousblenovoiptprod ...

pascal@ThinkE560:~//lenovo/WBF_0090_USB_DRV$

Another stupid test : trying "dangerous" ,wrong method with  wrong hardware Smiley Frustrated

pascal@ThinkE560:~/lenovo/WBF_0090_USB_DRV$ ndiswrapper -a 138A:0011 synawudfbiousblenovoiptprod
driver 'synawudfbiousblenovoiptprod' is not installed (properly)!   <<... not a surprise  !

I wish to have this finger device just for achievement of  this bizare "ndiswrapper" approach becoming a real silly challenge !

to be continued...

edmundlaugasson
Core Memory
Views: 9,093
Message 62 of 197

Thanks! Well - if any programmer could figure out what would be correct code into .inf file under [Synaptics] section then it might even work if ndiswrapper really will do the trick. Tested and got same results.

Aquabon
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,027
Message 63 of 197

One last thing : when the ndiswrapper module is loaded (with the usb drivers generated in /etc/ndiswrapper ) , my sensor stop working and there is no more swipe prompt in terminal but fortunatly, a simple rmmod restore a working sensor.

Ok, i can't progress without HW. I hope this community will.

Treviño
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,010
Message 64 of 197

As I wrote in the related bugzilla entry some time ago, I was able to install the driver in a VMWare virtual machine and use it from there in top of Linux, although all the USB traffic is encrypted, thus that wasn't enough to get anything really useful for us.

Reusing the windows  binary drivers seems somewhat impossible to me with the current tools.

edmundlaugasson
Core Memory
Views: 8,940
Message 65 of 197

Looks like we have a developer who is ready to write a driver if Synaptics would be ready to provide specs and hardware - https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94536#c27

How can we get them? Is anybody, who is closer to San Jose in U.S., ready to visit Synaptics and talk?

nmikhailov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,727
Message 66 of 197

FYI I have started reverse engineering windows driver and will develop libfprint driver afterwards; I do it for fun and slowly so it wont be quick(nor is result guaranteered). So far I have made some progress, eg I can partially decrypt messages.

Treviño
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,702
Message 67 of 197

If you can share something on github or anywhere else I'd be happy to contribute...

edmundlaugasson
Core Memory
Views: 8,700
Message 68 of 197

That's great! I really appreciate that! Would you join with Vasily Khoruzhick and together it would be probably easier. I realize that there is a distance but at least some communication over Internet would be possible.

LONGMAN
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,681
Message 69 of 197

Guys maybe I can help too (at least with testing), so I think we should create group chat in slack, Telegram, etc and move discussion there

i2000s
HDMI
Views: 8,655
Message 70 of 197

Putting up a repo on Github would be great! I may be able to contribute if there is some basic document. People can track issues and progress over the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TPs own: X31 (2003), X61T, X200T, Tablet 2, P50 (2016); Win XP-10, Ubuntu8.04-16.04.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors