Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jaybeat
Paper Tape
Views: 3,092
Message 301 of 309

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 6 cannot enter deep sleep (S3 state aka Suspend-to-RAM) on Linux

Looks like the latest bios update does the job for me. Not in all cases but I just need to retry if it does not.

jnWibble
SCSI Port
Views: 3,086
Message 302 of 309

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 6 cannot enter deep sleep (S3 state aka Suspend-to-RAM) on Linux

That's really not clear. Please clarify. Which BIOS update? Not in all cases - what, not in all situations on your computer? What sort of retrying?

jaybeat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,990
Message 303 of 309

The latest version of the bios available, I don't remember the exact version.
The suspend mode does not works in all cases but a retry usually do the trick.
zaphot
SCSI Port
Views: 2,883
Message 304 of 309

@jnWibble for me the kernel supplied by AaronMa (canonical kernel dev) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1791427/comments/94 is working for me and both my trackpoint and touchpad have now survived 50 suspend/resumes

Multiple things are probably neccessary that his changes work:

- update the trackpoint AND the touchpad firmware (you need windows for this) and most probably also update to the newest bios version
- ensure that the i2c-i801 module is loaded and not blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and is loaded: cat /proc/modules | grep i2c_i801

Note that the tap-to-click-not-working bug is libinput related and fixed in newer version (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libinput/libinput/issues/46), one can grab the cosmic version and install it in bionic

If this is not working for you, please follow the description of AaronMa and provide log files. This is the chance to get this problem fixed!

jnWibble
SCSI Port
Views: 2,831
Message 305 of 309

Zaphot, thank you.

I have supplied logs to the developer. He suspects that there is something wrong - well, you know, more wrong than usual with Lenovo - with my hardware.

I am doing the right think by the 12c module, though I did not know that command for checking that it is loaded - I will try that.

The problem with the firmware updates is that, as I have explained on the other thread, I cannot find a way of installing them, at least without dual-booting Windows or temporarily installing Windows as my sole operating system. I really do not fancy doing either of those things. Windows Pre-boot environment did not work. Imagine if I do wipe my OS, install Windows, reinstall Linux, and find that my hardware really was the problem. Also, with UEFI partitions and what not, these days restoring a disk is as easy as it used to be.

jinming868
Punch Card
Views: 2,737
Message 306 of 309

how to feedback developer? my x1 y3 need s3 mode too...

javanna
Paper Tape
Views: 608
Message 307 of 309

Any of you having problems with the newer kernel 5? Standby no longer works for me since I got that update.

jnWibble
SCSI Port
Views: 574
Message 308 of 309

I have no problem suspend on 5.1 and 5.2 kernels. However, that is with sleep state S0; I have given up on S3 sleep. My model has the NFC chip. That may be why S3 still does not work. There is a report (see the current end of this thread) that the seventh generation X1 - I don't know whether or not with the NFC chip - has the same problem.

jnWibble
SCSI Port
Views: 76
Message 309 of 309

The problem that has generated over 300 posts in this thread - and there are two similar threads - means that my laptop runs out of battery power faster than it should and indeed at a rate that inconveniences and embarrasses me; and the fault is Lenovo's.

What are we to think of such a company?

I am sorry that this post will bring those awaiting a solution back to this thread - in some cases, for the twentieth or thirtieth time. My point is: this is a scandal and it needs to be fixed. Even worse is the false hope offered at several points in this thread. Lenovo engineers on this thread: what on earth are you playing at?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors