Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DerekC81
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 1 of 3

X1 Yoga ThinkPad 2nd gen display split screen problem

My x1 yoga ThinkPad 2nd gen is stuck in some kind of split screen problem and I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. It has Manjaro Linux on it and I really am not familiar with this operating system, but was like this when I got it. Thanks for any help!

DerekC81
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga ThinkPad 2nd gen display split screen problem

The left edge of display, desktop background and any open windows is stuck almost in the middle of screen and continued from right side to the left side in about a 60/40 split. Even the pointer from the mouse displays the same behavior. Like with old big monitors where you could manually adjust the display area and center your screen, I can't figure out where to adjust this display setting. Having other display issues too, where the colors are insanely bright and distorted says "Lava" or something like that and does it on startup just like the split screen thing just not everytime.
Hopefully somebody can help me get this fixed it's almost making this CPU unusable.
Thanks!!!
Striker317
Token Ring
Views: 160
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Yoga ThinkPad 2nd gen display split screen problem

When the machine posts before it boots into whatever OS was on your system, does it look normal there?

If so, someone probably botched the linux install.

Go back to factory defaults and then fiddle on your own.

Go to

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Hit Access Recovery Media

Download the recovery media for your system and install windows through the recovery option.

Once you confirmed that the system works with Lenovo's recovery option (ie back to default), you can then fiddle with linux all you want.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors