Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peppercats
Paper Tape
Views: 3,430
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 2 13(non-pro) Linux compatibility?

Just curious if anyone here has used the yoga 2 13" model with Linux? I ordered one recently and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, I've read some(older) reviews that said the compatibility was poor and a couple people saying a lot of yoga-related issues have been fixed in newer kernels.

Do things like suspend, backlight, auto-rotation, locking of keyboard/touchpad in non-laptop mode, etc work?

peppercats
Paper Tape
Views: 3,384
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 2 13(non-pro) Linux compatibility?

Guess I'll answer my own question.

Everything except for screen reorientation works out of the box with kernel 3.17 + GNOME 3.12(using arch linux, but that probably doesn't matter much if you're using a modern kernel). Apparently older kernels are buggy with the wifi.

Pleasantly surprised. Only problem I've had is that the wireless card seems meh, at first I thought it was drivers but upon further inspection, it seems it's just not that good. The display is very high quality and overall it's a nice laptop.

aaronwil
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,146
Message 3 of 6

hows the touchpad? I cant seem to find a way to adjust sensitivity, using ubuntu, touchpad, synaptik, and the terminal all result in no change...what do you specifically use?

RickyGoldsmith
Fanfold Paper
Views: 868
Message 4 of 6

As of today, almost everything works, including Screen Rotation. Even the touchpad on the Yoga 2 13 is awesome. It does 4 finger support, which had really been awesome to use with libinput gestures on GNOME 3.22

attila123456
What's DOS?
Views: 786
Message 5 of 6

Do you have any intermittent suspend issues? Black screen after resume?

RickyGoldsmith
Fanfold Paper
Views: 780
Message 6 of 6

@attila123456: Yes. I do. Upon resume, CPUs tend to get stuck many a times. From what I have investigated so far, it may have to do with the broken MMC card slot that Lenovo has embedded into this laptop.

The unfortunate thing is that Lenovo does not provide any interface to completely disable these devices, in  the firmware/BIOS/UEFI.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors