Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
legozac
What's DOS?
Views: 1,757
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 720 15" running Linux does not support trackpad

The Yogs 720 15" running Linux does not support the trackpad.  I have tried several distros and it does not work with any of them.  This is critical.  Please update the bios / firmware or provide a driver to the linux community so that linux is fully supported.  I purchased this laptop intending to run Linux on it and am very very dissapointed.  

kagronick
Punch Card
Views: 1,646
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 720 15" running Linux does not support trackpad

A few other people and myself are trying to work on this. We haven't made much progress. It seems to be an Elantech touchpad. The USB device ID seems to be a new device that hasn't been used before. It sucks that something so simple is not working on this laptop. I've been emailing kernel developers and posting bug reports. I'm pretty sure that eventually we'll get this working. It would be nice if Lenovo would just step in and give us a driver we could use.

mjo22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,115
Message 3 of 6

I'm having the same issue, although I personally only know it to be true on Ubuntu and it's derivatives. I've read somewhere of someone getting Linux Mint to work and elsewhere of someone getting an Archlinux derivative to work. I can't get either to boot but does anyone know if the touchpad doesn't work on those too?

Vandalko
What's DOS?
Views: 1,065
Message 4 of 6

Since it's a hot topic: patch is in 4.14 Linux Kernel, which would be released in November.

Ubuntu 17.10 would be released in October with 4.13 Kernel.

kagronick
Punch Card
Views: 1,056
Message 5 of 6

Yep. I compiled the module and it works great.

Reivilo444
Paper Tape
Views: 901
Message 6 of 6

Hi! I know this is an old thread but just had a quick question for anyone who got linux running on the Yoga 720 15"

Other than the trackpad issue, was there any major problem running native linux (preferably installed in dual boot along Windows 10)? I am planning to use Ubuntu 16.04 or later, and especially want to make sure cuda can be enabled so I can take full advantage of the GTX 1050.

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors