Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesP1, P1m, P70 & P90 Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-24-2013

Malaysia

6 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 81 of 1076

Re: LENOVO P780 PROBLEMS

2013-11-25, 1:54 AM
Many thanks for your suggestions.  I managed to get the email to come in, but still can't get the calendar to work. Really strange - i thought that if my server settings are correct and I can get my emails, then the calendar shoudn't be an issue, right?  Any other areas where things could have gone wrong?
-----------------
wrote:

Hello, I have been using it with my office Exchange server at work and not facing any problems till now. 

Make sure you are doing the setup correctly in the incoming server section:

(a) Ensure you are using the correct Domain name / User name. This has to be provided by your IT team. The user name is usually different from your email ID.

(b) Enter the correct Active Sync address for your office mail server  

(c)  I had to Check the Use SSL and Accept SSL certificates options in the incoming server option to make it work.

Also, once you enable the Exchange server from your work, you will also have to accept the security policies set by your employer. These will modify the password requirements, have the right to remote wipe your device etc. 

The above is for the built in email app. I do not use any third party email apps like Moxier mail etc.

For Gmail, I am using the internal Email app. I have disabled the Gmail app as I did not like the new interface - too confusing for me with all the conversation and color tagging etc. For this, I just entered the email ID and password in the account setup for email and it worked automatically.

Hope this helps...

Options

64 Posts

11-12-2013

India

74 Signins

414 Page Views

• Views: 414
  • Message 82 of 1076

2013-11-25, 5:12 AM
Try going to system settings / all settings / accounts / corporate - and then click on your office account email and verify that the check box next to Calendar is selected.

For historical calendar items, I am not sure how to resolve ...
Options

73 Posts

07-22-2013

Slovakia

527 Signins

2440 Page Views

• Views: 2440
  • Message 83 of 1076

2013-11-25, 14:49 PM

Hi to all :)

I'm testing this phone last few weeks...very intensively.

I swap it for different model because I want to be sure If I can see this problems as you describing here.

OK, here are results!

Model number 

Lenovo P780_ROW

Build number

P780_ROW_S110_130629

Really I'm very impresed with a battery life!

I don't have a problem stay on battery more then 4 days

1. Most of you are complaing with a call volume - is very low - I can't confirm this. I must say that is better then my previous phone from different vendor...I tested in a different enviroment, but no problems. 

2. Bluetoot ussue - I tested with a Jabra bluetooth handsfree but I can say, works perfect. No problems, no issue with call volume or disconnection. I can recommend this combination, I don't see any problems with that.

3. Issue with autorotation - I tested with a navigation, games, browsers, still nothing. When I compared with a different models, I can say it is not so fast as I expected. Then I try different launchers. Now I see better results.

4. Information after call - call charges notification - yes, this is true. This is not a clear, why I can't see "after call info" 

I will check what can we do with this!

5. Low 3G signal reception - I tried in different regions in our country, tested in different country - I can't confirm any problems with 3G signal. 

Maybe this is not all your complains, but what I can say is that this phone is very good and I will use it for a longer period and I not saying that because I'm working for Lenovo!

Best Regards,

Jozef Gaspar
MIDH Support Engineer

Español Comunidad en Español  English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community

Untitled-4.png
Options

5 Posts

11-24-2013

Malaysia

6 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 84 of 1076

2013-11-25, 15:27 PM

wrote:
Try going to system settings / all settings / accounts / corporate - and then click on your office account email and verify that the check box next to Calendar is selected.

For historical calendar items, I am not sure how to resolve ...

Done that ... still no luck. It will say that the calendar is synced, but somehow the calendar app (and 2 others that I downloaded just to test out) coudn't pick it up.  Syncing with Gmail is fine now.

Options

11 Posts

11-12-2013

Mumbai

15 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 85 of 1076

2013-11-25, 15:46 PM

Hello Jozef,

So kind of you to review the phone yourself and post your honest opinion about it ----- seriously I am glad about it that least someone at Lenovo pays heed to our whining about the P780.

I have a P770 and just did an upgrade to the P780 which has a monster of a battery. The sound quality too is fantastic and like someone rightly said that most of us maybe covering the multiple voice cancellation microphones around the bezel of the phone either by placing a finger on it (unknowingly) or by using a cover on it. Frankly, I vouch for the brilliant call quality -- though I must confess that its not the best in the Android world.

I have the P770 which has a loud enough earpiece and also a Gionee G1 Gpad which is pretty loud too.

The P780 does have a subtle earpiece volume but that can be improved for most by installing a simple volume booster application.

The issue that most of us in Asia - Pacific are facing is to do with 3G network.... In India especially we have just 1 service provider that supports 2100 MHz frequency for 3G (MTNL and BSNL) while all others including Vodafone operate at 900 MHz in most coverage areas. This is where the handicap draws the attention of most P780 owners where the network drops (signal bars show just a single or maybe 2 or 3) to either 'E' for EDGE or plain UMTS not exceeding 3.1 mbps.

However, I have personally noticed this that when tested with my other phones (Gionee G1, P770 and a Micromax A116 HD) at the same location, time and sim card; my other phones show a constant 3G network and do not show any loss in signal or drop from 3G to EDGE.

I have got my phone replaced from Lenovo in India and the network issue still persists also causing the battery to drain must faster than expected. I did a DOA on the phone from HCL (India) and now the replaced phone has exactly the same symptoms. Though I must say that the call volume issue was surprisingly fixed in the replaced phone -- so maybe the previous one was a faulty one. Also noticed that the Bluetooth connectivity remains constant on the new phone and have some suggestions to make that I have mentioned at the bottom of this message.

Jozef you are right about the Bluetooth -- it works great especially with a Jabra (I have a Jabra Wave and a Plantronics Explorer 210) and also used it extensively with my Ford vehicle's bluetooth stereo system and the playback is fantastic -- much better than my other phones. However, such a fantastic phone and unable to use the 3G capability is a let-down.

My replaced phone is again at Lenovo service center (HCL India) for an inspection of the network issue which had me going over the edge when I need that 3G capability the most. I am an IT manager and I need to run a lot of internet related apps.

At HCL service center the support staff too is boggled about the 3G coverage and so they said that they shall retain the phone for inspection themselves.

Suggestions for other users:

1. While using the phone try with switching the Lenovo Power (built-in power saving app) to customized as the default is 'BEST' this tends to switch off the Bluetooth from time to time causing a connectivity loss and reconnecting the device again is a pain.

2. Also the Auto Rotation does not happen automatically unless the feature is 'TURNED ON' while pull down the System BAR at the top. The Lenovo Power Saver constantly switches this OFF to save battery power if left in 'BEST' mode.

3. This might work with some users ... Keep WiFi switched OFF at all times unless you intend to use it in an Hotspot or at Home/Office. Some WiFi devices tend to intefere with 3G frequencies especially in High WiFi areas such as Coffee lounges etc

Also, a note of advise to Lenovo staff members -- have any of you noticed that only P780 users are complaining about these problems and almost all have similar issues ??

Have anyone of you (Lenovo Staff only) tried out the P770 or S920 or A850 ?? They do not have these issues ...

Awaiting your feedback ..

(Disclaimer: I am just an owner of Lenovo smartphones and no benchmarking or review expert. The comments above may be disliked by most however its an honest opinion. Lastly, I do not hold any grudges against Lenovo and its staff members who are doing a fantastic job the world-over).

Options

13 Posts

11-14-2013

chennai

24 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 86 of 1076

2013-11-26, 11:55 AM

Hi nibinki,

Thanks lot, had done as per your advice, now i can get message after ending every call, sms, etc.

thanks again,

Options

14 Posts

11-12-2013

Indonesia

14 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 87 of 1076

2013-11-27, 3:20 AM
unfortunately there is no service center at my town, if i have problem i must return the phone to the store and they will ship to jakarta and it will take about 1 month long....

i have no any case/cover, on my previous phone i did use case/cover but did not encounter this problem, but maybe the mic position is depend on the model
Options

11 Posts

11-14-2013

India

28 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 88 of 1076

2013-11-27, 8:08 AM

Hi All

Any word on update to 4.3 or 4.4!!!(i know its very ambitious but just checking).

Options

9 Posts

11-22-2013

Chennai

21 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 89 of 1076

2013-11-27, 9:02 AM
Lenovo vibe X runs on a 4.2 and the Lenovo Vibe Z also will run on a proposed 4.2. So I guess we have to wait a bit longer for a 4.3 or 4.4.. :(.. Till Lenovo establishes its brand in the smartphone industry and distribution and service channels.
Options

14 Posts

11-12-2013

Indonesia

14 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 90 of 1076

2013-11-30, 2:52 AM

btw anyone can confirm me does this phone already using gorilla glass or no?

google search show it does, but many forum say it doesn't ???

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms