India

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo p780 bugs- screen flickering and the Green LED

2014-02-11, 5:15 AM

Hello!

I had bought the Lenovo p780 last november. Undoubtedly, in terms of battery life, it is truly amazing and is a subject of envy among my peers who all carry smartphones. However, I am also dissatisfied with some of the bugs that continually recur or in the case of the green LED light (which blinks on only for notifications, messages, etc) are recurring. The list of bugs in my phone goes like this:

1) The screen flicker: It happens randomly whenever I lock my phone through the power button. This glitch only occurs in the lock screen, it is irritating to see the notifications bar, the lock pattern, and the whole interface shaking a leg in the screen. But thankfully, none of that occurs when I finally unlock the phone.

2)The screen going black/ possible phone crash- Whenever I download a high res app from google play, the phone downloads it and the antivirus software detects it virus-free. Everything is A-Ok from there, but while launching the app, the screen suddenly goes black. The phone is still running but nothing seems to appear, I try to hit the power button to atleast lock and then unlock it again, but that doesn't work. Although, a temporary solution for this (but not necessarily advisable) to anybody else who faces a similar problem is as follows: remove the sim card (if there are two, remove them both) and the external memory card (if present), put them back again and launch the phone. Also, do make it a point to clean the phone gently especially around the battery areas from time to time, dust is a pain!

3)The green LED light/ message notification- This is a current ongoing problem in my phone which started last saturday. The phone's green LED is continuously flickering, and the default messenger/contacts app below the front screen shows there is 1 unread message which is impossible as all the messages have been opened and counted for. I tried to restart the phone, nothing happened; removed the sim card, nothing happened; exported and imported all my SMS to a backup, and yet nothing happened. Although its not a serious issue, I receive messages from a lot of contacts and I read and check each and everyone, but its frustating to see that there is still 1 message that is unread even though I check the whole inbox again and again!.

The phone otherwise is functioning great so far, but  it would be terrific if all the aforementioned issues are rectified especially the third one. I sincerely request Lenovo to look into the same and I look forward to an immediate reply.

Thanks and Cheers!

Solved! See the solution
Options

5 Posts

02-11-2014

India

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo p780 bugs- screen flickering and the Green LED

2014-02-11, 5:20 AM

In addition, if anybody else is facing the same set of problems and has a solution for it, then plz do reply the same to the post. All suggestions are welcome and valuable. Thanks again!

Options

5 Posts

02-11-2014

India

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2014-02-18, 9:08 AM
Factory reset is the answer! But plz backup all the stuff u have before doing so...no LED light problem :-)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

05-18-2014

hubli

3 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 4 of 6

2014-05-18, 3:22 AM

I was also facing screen flickering issue wen i was using app lock i uninstalled it now der is no issue.

Options

3 Posts

08-06-2014

India

7 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 5 of 6

2014-08-06, 5:59 AM

My screen has all of a sudden become become dark & when brightness increased, it is showing the previous screen in the back ground... The screen is flickering like a tubelight. Please help if u know what this could be?

I have even tried the solutions listed, but doesnt work.

removed the sims, Sd card, factory reset the fone, powered the fone for off for 8 hrs, still no getting bac to normal screen resolution!

This happened 2 days after upgrading to kitkat & downloading Game Asaplt7 and playing it for 15 min. There after, stopped playing and was chatting on whatsapp for less than 10min and the whatsapp screen froze on the screen in the background . Hence even after factory reset i can see the same whatsapp screen image lightly in the background & the display with a very low resolution....... Even the LENOVO logo at startup is distorted.

Fone details: P780

Purchased on: 9/7/2014 (4 weeks old)

Firmware: kitkat-  P780_ROW-8G_S221_140729

Options

5 Posts

02-11-2014

India

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2014-08-06, 7:20 AM
Hi Reuben,

I believe, and as you have already said earlier in your reply, the problem
may lie in the operation of your current Kitkat OS. The reasons for the
same as follows:

1) Asphalt 7 had already come pre-configured with your phone when you
bought it, and it was in the previous android version i.e. Jellybean. That
app may not function as well with Kitkat, although it should because
logically, all apps should function smoothly in a higher OS.

2) Maybe the Kitkat version you have upgraded is not compatible with your
phone. You have to contact your nearest Lenovo service center for the same.
They may format your phone again, so please save all your contacts and
information beforehand. Also, if you will upgrade to Kitkat, then do so at
the service center, the experts will get to know and rectify the problems
that surface as a result better.

3) The screen flicker is a recurring glitch. Always remember to upgrade the
firmware of your phone (this comes via Lenovo). Upgrading your phone on
time with the latest firmware updates will ensure better performance and
lesser glitches. My screen flicker problem does not occur anymore. Also,
free up your phone's RAM regularly.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms