Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesP1, P1m, P70 & P90 Series Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

04-02-2015

Bucharest

18 Signins

179 Page Views

• Views: 179
  • Message 121 of 150

Re: P1m does not SLEEP

2016-03-18, 9:52 AM

Sell it @mahi25, no future fix for the cpu issue.

Options

2 Posts

03-25-2016

Indonesia

7 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 122 of 150

2016-03-25, 23:32 PM

Just bought this phone for about 2 weeks ago. it came out with S025 firmware. it happen to got awake problems, update it and now at S029 firmware and still got awake bug. tried everything from page 1 and got nothing worked except maybe downgrade to S024 firmware (not tried it though). Gservicefix managed to make my phone sleep for sometimes only but noting permanent. Honestly with awake problem i still managed to get 2.5 days standby with 4-5 hours SOT. still good for me, but imagined if there is no awake problem. checking from battery monitor widget, the phone using about 1-1.5 % per hour on standby ( 2 sims active, wifi connection ) with awake problem and only about 0.2-0.3%/hour same condition without awake problem. Gservicefix managed to make my phone sleep for sometimes only.

the important question is, awake means CPU always working in background, i mean ALWAYS. it is affecting CPU life? did it can shorten the CPU life? i mean it's like ur CPU never stop working for 24hours. CPUspy stated my phone are almost 90% at 988Mhz. Thank you for respond

ps. Sorry for languange, it's not my native languange

Options

43 Posts

01-07-2016

India

93 Signins

739 Page Views

• Views: 739
  • Message 123 of 150

2016-03-27, 3:55 AM

Guys, I have updated my phone to S029 and there is no awake issue to me. Phone sleeps extremely well. Much before the S029 update itself my phone slept well. Initially there were awake issues. But after updating all the apps via Playstore and a couple of reboots, its working like butter now. For your reference, I have shared a screenshot link of battery page. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4258GxqBZylTnJ0SWs5RXY0SEk/view?usp=sharing

These are the apps that I use on my phone 

Installed and active - UC mini, Hike, CameraMx, Whatsapp, Lite, File Manager HD, Photogrid, Perfect Piano, Internet speed meter Lite, ShareIt, MX, TinyScanner, MP3 cutter and ringtone maker, Picsart, MP3 video converter, English, AZ screen recorder, Backgrounds, WPS, VLC, Snapchat, Truecaller, Instagram, Total calculator, Skype, Cricbuzz, RAR, CPU-Z, Smart Applock, 2048, Mini Militia, gStrings, Hotstar, Keepsafe, Play games and Google plus. 

Uninstalled all the bloatware that came along with the phone by default.

Disabled apps - Drive, Play movies, Play Music, Tect to speech engine, Hangouts, Lenovo Companion, Lenovo ID, Lenovo weather, Photos, SyncIt.

As you can see from the screenshot my phone sleeps well and with two email accounts synced along with play games active sync, I get 7-8 hours SOT while hooked up on 3G and about 10 hours SOT on WiFi (Mixed usage).  

Options

2 Posts

03-25-2016

Indonesia

7 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 124 of 150

2016-03-27, 5:20 AM

wrote:

Guys, I have updated my phone to S029 and there is no awake issue to me. Phone sleeps extremely well. Much before the S029 update itself my phone slept well. Initially there were awake issues. But after updating all the apps via Playstore and a couple of reboots, its working like butter now. For your reference, I have shared a screenshot link of battery page. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4258GxqBZylTnJ0SWs5RXY0SEk/view?usp=sharing

These are the apps that I use on my phone 

Installed and active - UC mini, Hike, CameraMx, Whatsapp, Lite, File Manager HD, Photogrid, Perfect Piano, Internet speed meter Lite, ShareIt, MX, TinyScanner, MP3 cutter and ringtone maker, Picsart, MP3 video converter, English, AZ screen recorder, Backgrounds, WPS, VLC, Snapchat, Truecaller, Instagram, Total calculator, Skype, Cricbuzz, RAR, CPU-Z, Smart Applock, 2048, Mini Militia, gStrings, Hotstar, Keepsafe, Play games and Google plus. 

Uninstalled all the bloatware that came along with the phone by default.

Disabled apps - Drive, Play movies, Play Music, Tect to speech engine, Hangouts, Lenovo Companion, Lenovo ID, Lenovo weather, Photos, SyncIt.

As you can see from the screenshot my phone sleeps well and with two email accounts synced along with play games active sync, I get 7-8 hours SOT while hooked up on 3G and about 10 hours SOT on WiFi (Mixed usage).  

Already disabling all google app.. will try all the other. We'll see in couple days.. thx man
EDITED : Still awake for me.. already disabling android system webview, Chrome, Drive, Gmovie, Gmusic, G text to speech, Hangouts, Lenovo companion, Lenovo ID, Lenovo weather, photos, and syncIt. only using 3G watchdog, BBM, IG, UC browser, Opera mini, WPS, PowerAmp. rebooting doesn't solve it too.

Options

4 Posts

03-11-2016

Gujarat

18 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 125 of 150

2016-03-31, 2:58 AM
Solved just installed du battery apps and advanced savings the problems solve i just uninstalled facebook and messenger which is runing in background
Options

43 Posts

01-07-2016

India

93 Signins

739 Page Views

• Message 126 of 150

2016-03-31, 3:16 AM

After updating apps in playstore, my phone stopped sleeping again. Rebooting does not help it! Its worth to remind that a series of updates in playstore is what made my phone sleep well! So the issue is not with the Lenovo UI but with Google. Tried clearing cache for playstore, stopped play services and disabled it totally, rebooted the phone thrice, still the issue persists. Phone has been awake for the past 20 hours or so and overnight, it drained 6% of battery in airplane mode :/  that is, over a period of 7 hours. Will attach the screenshot soon. 

Options

41 Posts

06-25-2015

Aland Islands

198 Signins

1334 Page Views

• Views: 1334
  • Message 127 of 150

2016-03-31, 22:21 PM

Install "OS monitor" app by "eolwral".

In setings:

---

Process / Expert mode / Enable "Show native linux processes".

Show CPU usage: Show an animated CPU metter icon in notification area.

---

After setting the settings:

If you swipe from top to bottom, the OS monitor will show you 3 the most active processes which are eating your battery.

---

"OS monitor" is running all the time on my phone.

In most recent days I didn't use the phone much.

During 20 days I had to restart the phone 2 times:

I think Android "/system/bin/mediaserver" had gone mad - after restart it calmed down. If you have SD card (I didn't need it), google the problems with "mediaserver" and SD cards.

It is unpredictable.

---

Oh, And I forgot to mention that if I killed some processes (some system processes like "Google play") the situation deteriorated even more.

---

Options

43 Posts

01-07-2016

India

93 Signins

739 Page Views

• Message 128 of 150

2016-04-02, 3:21 AM

I turned on Show CPU usage under developer options and the on-screen text shows system service always. Media scanner or server has never been the problem I think. Personally, I have tested this with three of my MicroSD cards with folders containing thousands of songs and photos. Yesterday, the phone was not totally awake, but in breakups. When I opened the battery graph today, the awake bar was on and off, but more frequently even when the screen is turned off. Previously, I used to get about 15 hours idle time plus 5-6 hours SOT. Now just 7-8 hours idle with 3 hours SOT.

Options

43 Posts

01-07-2016

India

93 Signins

739 Page Views

• Message 129 of 150

2016-04-03, 4:11 AM

As dezinku said, the problem seems to be media server which scans the media files in your phone storage to make it appear under gallery and music player. Gathering information from other forums, its been a common problem which people face when their SD cards contain large number of files under a single directory. And mainly, if you save any .mkv file with embedded subtitle, then its a downward spiral. Media server will keep on scanning the file in the background making the CPU go haywire and thereby draining the battery. If you ever wish to save any large media files in your SD card or phone storage, just add a .nomedia file in that directory so that media scanner skips the directory. This would mean that the file won't appear on gallery. But you can manually play the file through any file manager/explorer (Lenovo stock file explorer works the best). I saved a Windows OS .iso file in my internal storage and that's where the problem started. The phone stopped sleeping and drained the battery. After deleting the file and rebooting the phone, CPU sleeps properly now. I used all the apps that I have installed and after locking the scree, phone sleeps pretty well. 

- - - 

Keep it simple. Don't save any single file more than a gig in your phone. If you do so, add a .nomedia file to the directory in which the file is saved. 

- - -

Will update after a week after testing the phone.

Options

1 Posts

05-18-2016

Croatia

1 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 130 of 150

2016-05-18, 11:26 AM

Battery drain fast on Vibe p1m after update S029....battery falls from 15% to 0% for less than 1 min. I will try Andys adwice with google service sotck restart, and will write if it works

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms