Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STEPHANIE-A5000
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 11 of 13

Re: How to retrieve contacts from phone with broken screen

Hey, I have an issue with my Lenovo A5000 smartphone..i cannot enter my pin code and I want to ask you, if u can tell, if it,s possible to use also this OTG and USB mouse as an alternative to touchscreen, cause I need to enter letters.
The issue is that my pin code contains only letters and screen offers me only numbers..so i t is impossible now to enter my pin code, and I dont want to reboot.. Hope u will see my message and maybe u can help me.
Regards,
Stephanie.
Highlighted
rizscott
Paper Tape
Views: 81
Message 12 of 13

Hello, Stephanie. You can try using OTG and USB mouse instead of touch screen first. If not, try the following method:
If your touch screen is broken but the display is still active, you can solve the problem by connecting it to your computer.
1. Open the Android Device Manager website and log in to your Google account.
If your device has GPS enabled, you can use the web tool to detect it.
2. Click "Lock" and select "Unlock". Once you connect your smartphone to your PC, you can transfer and back up your data on your smartphone.
I hope that you can successfully solve this problem.

Best wishes
Riz

sundarS
What's DOS?
Views: 34
Message 13 of 13

@rizscott wrote:

Hello, Stephanie. You can try using OTG and USB mouse instead of touch screen first. If not, try the following method:
If your touch screen is broken but the display is still active, you can solve the problem by connecting it to your computer.
1. Open the Android Device Manager website and log in to your Google account.
If your device has GPS enabled, you can use the web tool to detect it.
2. Click "Lock" and select "Unlock". Once you connect your smartphone to your PC, you can transfer and back up your data on your smartphone.
I hope that you can successfully solve this problem.

Best wishes
Riz

Thank you for your help.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale