Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimitris80
Paper Tape
Views: 1,787
Message 1 of 18

My Lenovo p1m40 got suddenly slow

Hi! In the last two days, my phone got suddenly really slow in responding, has problem with chrome which stucks all the time, cant load youtube and wont open flashlight. ( those are the problems i have noticed so far. ) 

i tried updating but there is nothing available. 

Do anyone has any idea what might cause that? I only installed one app lately, a tiff image viewer but uninstalled it already and no change happened. 

Any help is welcome! Thank you in advance! 

Highlighted
Gothaj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,640
Message 2 of 18

Re: My Lenovo p1m40 got suddenly slow

I have the same problem on two devices Lenovo p1m. The problems on both of them started last Saturday (14.7.2018). What happened Lenovo? Any solution or any help?

I tried factory reset and also wipe cache partition. It did not help. The phone is slow, Chrome does not start (white screen only), Google maps do not show anything but a black screen. Play store does not open too (white screen only).

The phone says that there are no updates available.

Any help please??

Petr10
Paper Tape
Views: 1,619
Message 3 of 18

Hello, same issue here on Lenovo p1m.

On Saturday 2018-07-14 the phone went really slow. Unable to send messages, many applications don't even start.

I did the factory reset, but it didn't help.

After the reset, before I sign in the google account, everything works fine, messages can be send and received.

After I sign in the google account, everything goes slow again, impossible to open google play, chrome or anything. Lags writing the keyboard, system is overwhelmed.

The phone is usable only without signing in the account (only basic functions as telephone and messages).

It seems there is a major problem updating core google applications.

Does Lenovo or anyone has the answer?

Vivek41
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,595
Message 4 of 18

I am facing the same problem.

My lenovo vibe p1m has suddenly become excessive slow. Phone hangs and non apps are working.

I had reset the phone twice but facing same problem...

Can any one help...

Jozef2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,570
Message 5 of 18

I have very same issue - phone started lagging on Friday. We did series of Factory Resets, but after while phone was not usable repeatedelly. Seems like huge security issue.

Sengerandu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,550
Message 6 of 18

I also confirm the same issue starting from 14 July 2018. I have tried factory reset 6 times, issue persists. 

Sengerandu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,530
Message 7 of 18

I was experiencing the flashlight problem and all the google apps problem.

I found a temporary solution by going to Settings->Accounts->Google->Select the account->

turn off all syncs except calendar, mail, drive and contacts.

Clear all running applications.

Now it appears to be working fine. Kindly try and update if this is a working solution for all affected phones.

Cheers.

pitop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,490
Message 8 of 18

Working for me thanks
dimitris80
Paper Tape
Views: 1,475
Message 9 of 18

The problem persists and unfortunately i am obliged to buy a new phone despite the fact that my lenovo worked just fine 3 days ago... Smiley Sad This is something the company MUST solve!!

EmilyBaker
Punch Card
Views: 1,306
Message 10 of 18

There is some tips to speed your phone,you could try them.

1. Update the Android Version
You can speed up your Android cell phone by updating the Android firmware version. As we know the firmware can fix some bugs of the device, so if you update it regularly, it will keep your device functioning well and speed up your Android phone. You can update the firmware in these steps. Enter "Settings" > "About Phone" > "Firmware Update".

2. Check the Memory Space
You can see your internal memory space in the settings. Check about it and move your media data such as music, photos, videos, audiobooks and so on to the SD card. This way can also speed up your Oneplus cell phone.

3. Back Up and Reset Your  Lenovo p1m40
Resetting erases and wipe out everything on  Lenovo p1m40 and brings your Lenovo p1m40 phone back to its original, that is to say your Lenovo p1m40 becomes as new as you bought it once. It can temporarily speed up your Lenovo p1m40 phone because as you use it again, it will lag as it used to do. But you have to back the data up before you take the resetting steps in case you miss the important ones.

4. Uninstall Useless Android Apps
Too many Android apps occupy the memory space as well as to slow down the speed of the Android phone especially those useless ones, so you can uninstall the useless to speed up the device.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals