Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danjali86
Paper Tape
Views: 10,877
Message 1 of 10

P1m vibe P1 touch screen issues

I have a problem with a part of my phone touchscreen. I did a diagnostic test and realized that some parts didn't turned green.

Any help on how to resolve this?

Moto_Venice
Bit Torrent
Views: 10,468
Message 2 of 10

Re: P1m vibe P1 touch screen issues

Hi Danjali86, 

You can try booting it to Safe Mode first to check if there's a third party app causing concern. Press and hold Power button until "Power off" shows then press and hold "Power off" until "Reboot to safe mode" shows and touch "OK". 

If issue persists, you can perform a Reset on the device through Settings or did a Hard Reset. However, if any of those two didn't work, last option would be sending it in for a repair. Here's our Lenovo Service Provider full list: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht118678.

Regards, 

Venice 

Moto-Lenovo Support 

aknahata
Paper Tape
Views: 10,248
Message 3 of 10

Nothing worked. Lot of dead and non responsive touch pixels. Touch replacement cost is huge and not worth. All i can say is LENOVO phones are purely chinese and suitable for 1 year only.

aknahata
Paper Tape
Views: 10,247
Message 4 of 10

Please go for a new phone other then Lenovo. There is no solution. You can use your P1m as home CCTV camera after installing ALFRED app. because it has very good battery life.

Bhaskar1231
Paper Tape
Views: 5,811
Message 5 of 10

I am using vibe p1ma40 since 2years.now part of touch screen is not working. What should I do?

timo031716
What's DOS?
Views: 5,119
Message 6 of 10

I've been using my Lenovo Vibe P1ma40 for three years now and it has issues with the touch screen. It detects touches without even me using it. My phone never crashed. Never had a bug. Although had some lag issues sometimes. It has scratches, of course. The screen doesn't even have a single crack on it. And now I can't do anything because of the touch screen issues. I know it's an old phone but still a waste to just throw it away. It works fine 'til I got this issue on my screen last night.

nirulenovo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,013
Message 7 of 10

Left side of the screen is not working properly

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,978
Message 8 of 10

Hi nirulenovo,

Thanks for posting. Is there any physical damage on the phone? It looks like a hardware failure. Have you tried turning off and on the screen? Does it still the same? Check if you can see any damage on the LCD when the screen is off. Remove any phone case and/or screen protector. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Lenovo-Chan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,429
Message 9 of 10

Help am too having the same problem with you guys, and i cant keep this up because my Lenovo Vibe p1m is very funky on its own when i touch the screen it touch everything and heats up pretty fast and i dont know the cause of it mainly. no apps was installed i only use it for taking notes and not online downloading, i use my laptop for that. Please do help or give tips. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,402
Message 10 of 10

Hi Lenovo-Chan,

I'd like to confirm, did you perform a factory data reset without restoring any apps? Also, if you're using a phone case and a screen protector, make sure you remove them. See and check if this will happen in safe mode. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Make sure the system is up to date. Otherwise, I don't see any possible thing that could this but a hardware failure. Should be sent for repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors