cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeKioul
Paper Tape
Views: 1,333
Message 1 of 8

P70-A wifi turns off when screen is off no matter what i do in advanced settings

Ok, i have a lenovo P70-A works great is fine has recieved 5.1 update and all good. BUT there is this feature that turns off wifi automatically when the screen is off.

I am aware that in advanced settings i can set my preference to "always" and keep it on BUT IT DOESNT WORK. 

It doesnt matter what i choose, always, only when charging or never..... it keeps turning off. And nothing fixes it. 

Please lenovo do something about it. 

This is supposed to be a business phone according to your page and having no notifications when you leave it next to you wile you work is very very bad. 

Otherwise great. 

Former Employee
Views: 1,270
Message 2 of 8

Re: P70-A wifi turns off when screen is off no matter what i do in advanced settings

Hi MikeKioul,

Some items below needed in order for me to test this.

1. What version of firmware are you running now? Settings -> About -> Device Info -> Built Version
2. Any estimate of how long you leave the phone alone before you notice that the WIFI has been disabled?
3. If you turn the phone on, does WLAN comes back on and connects to your AP?
4. Have you tried with different WLAN AP?

Thanks
MikeKioul
Paper Tape
Views: 1,257
Message 3 of 8

Re: P70-A wifi turns off when screen is off no matter what i do in advanced settings

It says custom build version ALPS.L1.MP1.V1.9_HQ675235GU.B1A.L

I lock the phone and after 10seconds the wifi turns off and turns back on immediatelly when i open the screen but it takes 20seconds to connect to my router. 

It does the same thing in both my cisco university router and my tp link home router.

My build number is P70-A_S139_151214_16G_L_ROW

As long as my screen is on wifi works. Whens the screen is off it doesnt. Tried rebooting checked for updates,

on the WLAN -> options -> advanced -> keep wlan on during sleep, it has 3 options: always, only when charging, never. I have tried picking each of them at a time and rebooting to see if that applies the setting but nothing, neither always nor never solves the issue. 

borzos
Punch Card
Views: 1,252
Message 4 of 8

I had this issue with S138 but not with the newest S139 ROM. Did you try a factory reset after upgrade to Lollipop? It seems that a factory reset is sometimes needed to get rid of this wifi problem.

Highlighted
MikeKioul
Paper Tape
Views: 1,244
Message 5 of 8

I dont want to do all that because i use it for work and i have some important things in it and no time to reinstall etc. 

I was hoping for an easier solution. 

I may try it if it is tyhe only thing i can do. 

But i hope someone from lenovo finds a better solution to this. 

Its lenovo, i expect quality, i dont care if hey work with IBM anymore i always trusted their products and once i bought a phone and i find out all of their phones have some kind of issue. come on, at least it is software. SOLVE IT. 

behzad19756
Punch Card
Views: 1,195
Message 6 of 8

I have actually the same problem.

In order to get social media notification , the only way to get them is to keep Mobile data enabled as well.

I realized that despite having set the WIfi on ALWAYS ON on Wifi settings , the wifi is disconnected as soon at the phone screen turns off, no matter data network is ON or OFF. 

I have checked all the settings and nothing seems to be wrong . 

S139 (lollipop ) ..Upgraded directly from 4.4(KK) to Lollipop. 

balakrishkec
What's DOS?
Views: 990
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

I also have the phone of same build version and build number.

The same problem here. Did anyone find solution for it. I'm missing lot of important mails as mobile disconnects from any wifi...

Thanks in advance

jktan28
What's DOS?
Views: 866
Message 8 of 8

hi.. i have the same problem. pls assist.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals