cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Views: 29,156

Question

It takes me more than 10 hours to fully charge the battery, this is a long time by most standards and seems unexpectedly long give Lenovo's advertised fast charging capability.   What can I check to solve the problem?

Answer

I solved this problem by rechecking my charger adapter and data cable, make sure YOU PLUGGED your cable in well and exactly to your phone.

Additional note:  Not all phone and tablet chargers deliver the same current capacities and mixing and matching chargers and USB cables may affect charge times.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
czk9

I don´t think it will help.If you plug it in power, it will work if pluged correctly, if incorrectly it will not charge the phone.I pay attention when charging my phone but it still takes 4Hrs to chrge it full. So where is that obtion of quick charge? This phone really need update ASAP.

suramnaveen

I bought the mobile on january 4th 2016.

1) After a week i got an update 0f 1334MB. am not sure which is the previous version. Now my mobile version is 5.1. 

2) yah i am using two sim cards when see this issue happend. now i have removed second sim. net work mode when this issue happend is 4G/3G/2G auto, now i have chaged to GSM/WCDMA (auto) for better singal. My network operater is Airtel.

If the signal is 4G am getting 3G, If it is 3G am getting 2G signal. If it is 2G am not getting the signal. Please solve my my issue am bored of this mobile. And let me know if any of the service centers in bangalore, India. can solve this issue. i have warrenty for this mobile too.

andresgl

I don't know if Lenovo knows the comcep of "fast charging"... hehe my VIBE P1 takes ages to get 100% of charge.

I have a 7500MaH PowerBank and only takes not more than3 hours...

DallasCZ

suramnaveen:

what has your issue to do with proper fast charge ? 

And if you select GSM/WCDMA (auto) you can only have 2G or 3G connection.

And have you done a factory reset afte rthe big update? Its good always to do a factory reset afte ran update when you encounter some problems.

Pradosh

Vibe P1m is facing too many problems which needs to be sorted out.

ADMIN please tell us if Lenovo has any future plans to stabilize the current OS or wheter it will provide the 6.0 MARSHMALLOW upgrade.

Note: Why VIBE P1m is not listed in Lenovo Android MATRIX page ?????

Musabesni

Lenovo update team is worst from all brands...i dont know how this is possible..big company with low knowledge on android sistem.

kurosagi_ichigo
Well, first of all.... are you using the correct charger? second thing, the voltage of your wall socket plays a big role in battery charging. in my experience, initial charging took me 4-5 hours on a 220 volts wall socket. After that, from 15% to 100% took me 1 1/2 hours of charging time, which is very impressive. When I tried it on other charger and 110v wall socket, It took me a whoopping 8 hours charging time just to get to 90%, and that's from 50% remaining battery life.
Masterminded

I have fast charge issue

I have brought the new Lenovo P1 turbo on 26.08.2016. I have updated the system when I unboxed it. My phone is running pretty smooth and I am happy with the battery life. 

1st time I charged the phone. It charged fully with the fast charge. The problem I'm facing is when I connect my phone to the socket, it shows fast charging, but automatically goes to normal charging. Now it's taking 3 hours to fully charge the phone. Original box products used. Other wires also used but issue remains the same. 

Is there any issue with the phone?

JaneNguyen
I begin feel doubt about this battery phone when I saw your article and comment. I bought this phone about 6 months and now I face with the battery charge problem. First I think my adaptor charger or cable had error. So I ordered new quick charger from Aukey. But that is not solve my problem. My phone charge fully over 10 hours. That can not acceptable! Anyone admin in Lenovo can answer this problem from us? I really lost many faith in you now.
Chandra007

After 299 MB new update my phn charging time increase to 2hour to 10 hour to full charge , is this really new update or serious bug in new update . pls help me to sort out this .. Screenshot I also attached ..

Screenshot_2016-09-23-07-53-21.png

Screenshot_2016-09-23-07-53-21.png

Chandra007

Admin pls help me to sort out this . it will be helpful for me ..

chrisjudej
After your last update for the Vibe P1 ( ie S288), the phone just drains so fast that it goes off most of the time completely drained, the main reason for me to buy this model was for the battery which said it had a 4900MAH, but it doesn't make any sense to charge it everyday with that kind of a battery capacity, initially during Lollipop days in the beginning the battery lasted 3 days on minimal usage, but the very recent update has ruined everything, it is equal to any 2000mah phone which runs out before the evening, I am surprised at the incompetency of your updates or the ones that program them, with a brand of your stature it is again very surprising regarding your complacency in settling customer complaints, are we fools for having bought your mobile phones ?
shukri77

Try this before and during charging

1. Switch off internet and switch on the power saver mode (in setting) or

2. Use the ultimate power saver mode (slide up the left button) my phone will charge quickly. 

Kayum

My vibe p1 has lollipop version from 6months wen will be marshmallow

Lonto_jamel20

I used fast chargers but the charging speed is still very slow.

Webe

I have bought p1m last december 2016, and i have read so many complain about this gadget, but lucky me, i have never have trouble with it, when im charging it, i use airplane mode, or turn it off, actually it charge about two and a half hours, the battery never gets hot when i play game, social media, etc. 

The_Abaddon

@Andy_Lenovo wrote:
Question

It takes me more than 10 hours to fully charge the battery, this is a long time by most standards and seems unexpectedly long give Lenovo's advertised fast charging capability.   What can I check to solve the problem?

Answer

I solved this problem by rechecking my charger adapter and data cable, make sure YOU PLUGGED your cable in well and exactly to your phone.

Additional note:  Not all phone and tablet chargers deliver the same current capacities and mixing and matching chargers and USB cables may affect charge times.

Use 2A charging adapters. turn services like 4G, Wifi and hotspots while charging.

Prince_lion

I have lenovo vibe P1ma 40. I bought it in Nov. 2016. It is still in the warranty period. I am also having the same problem of long time it takes to charge the battery n it drains really fast. As it is mentioned in your terms and conditions of service policy that the embedded battery comes with a warranty of one year so why are you not changing the Battery. I tried to update my phone but every time it gives an error.

Assassinate003

Hi,

Nougat Custom Roms Available For Lenovo Vibe P1m With 3.18.19+ kernel:

Like Our FB Page

https://www.facebook.com/P1MA40/

For More Updates, We are currently working on Android Oreo 8.1.0, Soon U will Receive Very Big News