Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vegaonline
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 980
Message 1 of 11

Calling issue in Lenovo P2 (P2a42)

The phone has peculiar problem. If a number is dialed through dialer, phone tries to dial for some time and then reports unable to call. However, whatsapp / skype call is possible. I can check net with SIM internet and WIFI. Then I tried to see USSD code dialing like *#06# for IMEI code. I see the same situation and dialing is unsuccessful. I tried system reset once while I saw it only wiped user data while it was not factory reset in its true sense. Any handle to resolve this issue? Thanks

vegaonline
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 953
Message 2 of 11

Re: Calling issue in Lenovo P2 (P2a42)

Also I wish to mention that I could dial MMI/USSD codes in safe mode while if I dial a number even in safe mode, it tries to dial but dialing is not actually successful.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 931
Message 3 of 11

Hi vegaonline,

Can you share me more information - Does it only happen with specific contact/s? Can you receive calls? Does it happen every time you make a call? What's your network signal looks like when you make a phone call? Were these VOLTE calls? If so, try turning off the mobile data. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

vegaonline
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 924
Message 4 of 11

Hello Rich,

thanks for your queries. I can receive sms, browse internet, but cannot make or receive phone call irrespective of telephone number. This issue occurs for both 3g and 4g for any number. Signal strength is full or just one bar less. Turning off mobile data didn't resolve the issue. The sim works in other phone.

Regards

Abhijit

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 883
Message 5 of 11

Hi vegaonline,

That's odd. Can you please try using another SIM card? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

vegaonline
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 879
Message 6 of 11

Yes, I am also surprised. No sim is working. Normal mmi /ussd codes like *removed* or *removed* also do not work in normal mode. These codes work in safe mode while phone shows it is dialing but actually does not dial in both modes. SMS works. Call is not received also in any mode. Factory reset just cleaned user data while I think reinstallation of system may rectify. However I am not an expert. Please advise.

Thanks and Regards

Edit: No hidden codes - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 839
Message 7 of 11

Hi vegaonline,

Can you try using the LMSA tool, this will help to diagnose your device. Please see this link for more information LMSA. Backup your data/files before doing the rescue function, to avoid losing important files. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
vegaonline
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 818
Message 8 of 11

Hi Agent_Rich,

Thanks for the input. However, I could resolve the issue with another method. I wish to describe the detail for the other users who may give it a try.

1. I googled and found that there is another tool called  mini adb and fastboot . I installed the tool in my laptop with windows 10.
  2. Then I took out the SIM card of the phone and connected it with laptop through an USB port.
  3. I opened a terminal using "cmd" command and moved to the directory where the tool was installed, e.g.
     c:>cd  d:\mini_ADB_Fastboot.
  4. Then I issued the command 
    adb devices
    and found my Lenovo P2 serial number.
  5. Now isssued the command 
    adb reboot bootloader
    and phone reboots to fastboot menu.
  6. Then I used command 
    fastboot devices
    to see whether fastboot can see the phone. Initially I had problem. I found that "adb" could see the phone while "fastboot" could not. Then I opened file browser and right clicked "this_pc" to open "manage". Then I browsed to "device manager" while I could see an item showing "android usb disk" which I rescanned and updated driver. It resolved this usb recognition issue.
  7. Now bein in this fastboot menu, in the same terminal, I issued commands in sequence as 
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache
  8. Last I rebooted the phone using 
    fastboot reboot
    to reboot in normal boot.
  9. Next I checked networking for LTE/WCDMA/GSM.
  10. I used *removed* and in the phone information I choose "LTE/UMTS" and I could dial.

Sites suggest that *removed* is very dangerous and one must not change change of radio band and so I did not check any other menu in this mode.

The issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards

Abhijit

Edit: No Hidden Codes - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 787
Message 9 of 11

Hi Abhijit,

That's probably gonna be too technical for other users to try. It might cause further issues as well, though I'm glad that works for you. Just post if you need further assistance. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Guru
Views: 561
Message 10 of 11

Hi vegaonline.

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Regards.

Lenovo TAB4 10 PLUS (Model number: Lenovo TB-X704F, Build number: TB-X704F_S000055_180507_ROW)
Lenovo P2 (Model number: P2a42, Lineage OS 16.0-20191016-NIGHTLY-kuntao)

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors