Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo PhonesP2 [P2a42] Smartphones
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

04-08-2017

Netherlands

97 Signins

504 Page Views

• Views: 504
  • Message 1 of 6

Can't change lockscreen

2017-04-08, 21:41 PM

I don't know where to file a bug report, so I will just post my problem here.

I like to use Google's Wallpaper app, but when I select a wallpaper for my lockscreen, it doesn't work. The lockscreen wallpaper simply doesn't change. I know I can use the theme centre, but Google Wallpaper doesn't let you save the wallpapers to the device, so that is no option.

I run the Nougat update, but I had the same problem in the previous version.

Options

Re: Can't change lockscreen

2017-04-13, 15:57 PM

Hi L88ndvy,

Google Photo doesn't have the function of setting selected image as Lock screen.

Regards,

Joy

Moto - Lenovo Agent

Options

19 Posts

04-08-2017

Netherlands

97 Signins

504 Page Views

• Views: 504
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-04-13, 16:01 PM

I am not talking about Google Photos. I am talking about Google Wallpapers. It does have the option to set an image as lockscreen background, but Lenovo's version of android doesn't accept it for some reason.

Options

97 Posts

02-04-2016

India

73 Signins

568 Page Views

• Views: 568
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-04-13, 18:29 PM

wrote:

I don't know where to file a bug report, so I will just post my problem here.

I like to use Google's Wallpaper app, but when I select a wallpaper for my lockscreen, it doesn't work. The lockscreen wallpaper simply doesn't change. I know I can use the theme centre, but Google Wallpaper doesn't let you save the wallpapers to the device, so that is no option.

I run the Nougat update, but I had the same problem in the previous version.

I know the problem and I have posted regarding this but no body listen here at Lenovo... Me too want to use Google's wallpaper app to set wallpaper and lock screen... But that is not possible on Lenovo phone... Their ROM have many bugs and they are not even fixing this bugs where XIOMI constantly working on their ROM bug fixes... Sometimes I wish if I buyed Redmi Note 4 that would be better for me... Anyways... :-(

Options

7 Posts

08-10-2017

India

11 Signins

134 Page Views

• Views: 134
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-08-23, 6:00 AM

Hello .

Thanks for posting your review.

I'm not a developer. But, very interestly respond if anyone facing a problem and it could solve by me.

You can't change the Lockscreen by using Third-Party and other apps.

You can only change the Lockscreen by using the LENOVO THEME CENTER APP developed by Lenovo Inc. 

Or by using a rooted Android mobile. But, I'm not suggest you to root your phone.

So, you must download the LENOVO THEME CENTER app from Lenovo support website or using the following link ([removed]).

I think you have the app already in your mobile. Because, Lenovo provide that app internally in your phone. So, no worry. If you disabled the app, you must enable it in settings > apps > Lenovo Theme Center > enable .

Okay, now come to how to change the screen. You can do either change the Lockscreen (overlay) theme or change the Lockscreen wallpaper.

For changing the theme, swipe to second tab and choose the theme.

For changing the lockscreen wallpaper, swipe to third tab and select your wallpaper listed there or choose from your gallery and then crop it then click the ✓ mark at the right top corner. Then set it as Lockscreen wallpaper.

Then all are done. Enjoy.

Admin note; link to unverifiable download removed.

Options

3 Posts

11-07-2017

Greece

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-11-07, 14:54 PM

I use the exact same way to change it but I have a problem. Every theme and lockscreen works properly other than the lockscreen for "less is more" ... when I click that theme, or that lockscreen, the lockscreen that I get looks like the sunny/elegant life/hot move/classic lockscreens... I use to have the less is more one but  I was playing around and now I can't get it back... what do I do?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms