Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddywjy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,283
Message 1 of 8

Dual App issues

Where is dual app data get stored? I can't open it from file manager. In MIUI ROM there is a drive name dual app storage, and it can be access from file manager.

Could you make it too on lenovo? So we can simply organize the dual app's data.

Thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,205
Message 2 of 8

Re: Dual App issues

@ddywjy wrote:

Where is dual app data get stored? I can't open it from file manager. In MIUI ROM there is a drive name dual app storage, and it can be access from file manager.

Could you make it too on lenovo? So we can simply organize the dual app's data.

Thank you.

Hi ddywjy,

Thanks. We will pass on your feedback to the team.

Regards,

Joy

Moto - Lenovo Agent

pkalyvianakis
Paper Tape
Views: 5,707
Message 3 of 8

I just found out that in case you enable Dual App mode for the camera (on a K6 Note), any photos you take with the 2nd instance, can ONLY be viewed.

There is no way to share them (e.g. using Bluetooth or email) or locate them as files in either external or internal memory using a file manager. The only thing you can do is disable the 2nd instance and remove it along with all photos taken with it.

Can you please confirm that this is the case? Is it the same with other apps too?

What is the concept behing this "feature" if it does not allow you to do anything with the data?

Thank you.

kiranchaitanya1
What's DOS?
Views: 5,486
Message 4 of 8

If u want to get that data, do one thing just install any file sharing app like SHAREit, xender in your mobile and enable dual app option for that app.i was used xender, open xender dual app then share your files with other devices. Same for other apps also, just enable dual app to any app like Gmail and WhatsApp,and file explorer...ect all apps then access your data
pkalyvianakis
Paper Tape
Views: 5,456
Message 5 of 8

Dear kiranchaitanya1,

Thank you so much for your help!

This is exactly the solution I needed.

My congratulations for solving something that Lenovo could not answer.

kudos555
What's DOS?
Views: 3,986
Message 6 of 8

But even after downloading and making duplicate app.. Like xender... We can't get whatsapp chat backup... Solve it sir
ShubhamDeshmukh
SCSI Port
Views: 3,297
Message 7 of 8

Re: Dual App issues WORKING SOLUTION!!

Pathetic Lenovo Engineering Team for designing a Dual Apps profile that isn't accessible from the in-built File Manager app. Why? Because you can't create a Dual App for the File Manager. Also strangely, you can't create a Dual App for ShareIt. The Dual Apps menu allows creating Dual Apps for any number of apps you install, but not for these two, increasing our frustration. Adding to that, this location is even not visible / not accessible when you connect your device to the computer, it only shows folders for the Standard User.

STEPS:

1. .1. Install any good reputation File Explorer app from the Play Store. My personal preference is FX File Explorer (by NextApp, Inc.).
  2. .2. go to Settings > Feature > Dual app profile  and enable it for FX File Explorer.
  3. .3. Now coming back to home.
  4. .4. Find the FX File Explorer in the menu / app drawer ( there should be two icons, the icon with blue dot is for Dual Apps user). Open it for blue icon, follow basic instructions for first time.
  5. .5. Now inside FX File Explorer, click on Main Storage. This is where all your data for Dual User is. Notice that you have a folder named SecureZoneEx. This is where you need to copy your backup files.
  6. .6. Now select the folders you want to back up, long press on each folder & click 'Copy'.
  7. .7. Paste the copied folders / files to SecureZoneEx.
  8. .8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 for copying all folders you want to backup, like WhatsApp, Recordings, Pictures, Screenshots, Hike, Allo, etc.
  9. .9. Once all data is saved to SecureZoneEx, go to your standard File Explorer app, click LOCAL > Internal Storage > SecureZoneEx. From here, you can now finally copy all your data to either a USB drive (via OTG), or to the computer by connecting a USB cable.

EXPLANATION: for the geeks out there...

The Standard User profile is created at path:  /storage/emulated/0

Whereas Dual Apps, when enabled, has this path:  /storage/emulated/10

You cannot access folder 10 when using apps from Standard User (including File Explorer, which is signed to Standard User). Similarly,

you cannot access folder 0 when using apps from Dual Apps User, and this user has NO File Explorer to use (Pathetic Lenovo Team).

However, there is a common folder between the two profiles, called SecureZoneEx that is designed to share files & folders between the two users. Any files & folders kept in SecureZoneEx is accessible by both users. So we copy data from Dual User (like WhatsApp folder), and paste it inside SecureZoneEx. Then we copy all data inside SecureZoneEx from the File Explorer to any desired location, or use USB drive (via OTG), or connect your phone to the computer.

If I helped you today, please give Kudos to this post and Upvote, so the solution reaches more people! Smiley Happy

Shan36
What's DOS?
Views: 490
Message 8 of 8

Dual App issues

Hello Team,

I am unable to play 2 video app at the same time in split screen. The device will not support two apps at the same time example: if I am watching a football match in one browser I'll not be able to play music on a different app or browser the same time at the background. 

Which was supported by my old 2g and 3g phones. 

Can I not play 2 apps or browser at the same time.

Thanks and Regards,

Shahnawaz

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors