cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbssm
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 1 of 7

Fingerprint sensor not working. Can't find warranty support. Lenovo tries its best to hide warranty.

Yet again my Lenovo P2 phone gives me problems and yet again Lenovo seems to be trying its best to hide any warranty contacts or even to open a proper wrranty support page.

The fingerprint sensor in my Lenovo P2 stoped working, just doesn't show up anywhere anymore. From what I gather, it seems to be a problem with the sensor conection falling off inside the phone.

Prblem is, although my product page shows my Lenovo P2 to still be in warranty, there is no way, no contacts, nothing were to get support.

Aftee much looking around you get to some amatorial page with some support list, but uppon calling the contact for my country, they state they don't provide support for Lenovo phones.

This is ridiculous, what kind of company are you Lenovo?

Guru
Views: 423
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fingerprint sensor not working. Can't find warranty support. Lenovo tries its best to hide warra

Here is the full list of Service Providers.

If I see right, ICP Technological Solutions S L Portugal is responsible for repair smartphones in Portugal.

But first of all, did you tried to make a factory reset on the phone?

Lenovo TAB4 10 PLUS (Model number: Lenovo TB-X704F, Build number: TB-X704F_S000055_180507_ROW)
Lenovo P2 (Model number: P2a42, Build number: P2a42_S251_171107_ROW)
jbssm
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 3 of 7

Re: Fingerprint sensor not working. Can't find warranty support. Lenovo tries its best to hide warra

Hi.

ICP Technological Solutions S L Portugal says they don't provide support for it, gave me the name of some other company (not even the contact). That other company also doesn't provide suport for Lenovo phones.

No, I didn't try the factory reset since that will erase all my data.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 388
Message 4 of 7

Hi jbssm,

Thanks for writing to us, sorry to know about the Fingerprint issue that you have been facing. Just to narrow down may I know from when did you start noticing this? Did you follow the basic troubleshooting steps—such as removing the Fingerprint and adding again, making sure there is no dirt on the sensor etc?

@

Highlighted
jbssm
Paper Tape
Views: 326
Message 5 of 7

Already tried reseting (several times as a matter of fact).

First times, the fingerprint sensor worked for some minutes after resetting (and going trough the painfull process or setting up the device again). Now, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work at all, not even for a couple of minutes.

I am in Portugal and bought the phone from an EU reseller (Amazon).

May51
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 261
Message 6 of 7

In my case it's been a couple weeks I've noticed this priblem. I try to adjust the settings, but here's not fingerprint setting anymore on the phone settings.
It disappeared from there. A couple times I reset the phone and it went back to normal, but now it didn't work at all.. need help ASAP
May51
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 187
Message 7 of 7

I have the exactly same issue. It has been around 1 month that i noticed it. It's really upsetting. I used to use the Fingerprint sensor all the time ... And now its not working anymore. I tried restarting the device many times... It used to work for a couple hours... But now it's like there's not a sensor at all...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors