Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fuzzdemon
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo P2 broken cable connector

Hi all, I accidentally broke the tiny connector on my phone while trying to replace it with a new LCD screen, is there any way to fix this. The phone sometimes works without the connector clip so I assume this clip is applying pressure tot he pins and is vital, I cant think of a way to fix it, ive tried tape but its obviously not applying the pressure thats needed, I appreciate any houghts.

fuzzdemon
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo P2 broken cable connector

UPDATE: Ive applied some cellotape to the top of the ribbon cable so when pushed into the connector it applied pressure to the pins and this works ok. Whether it is a permanent fix I guess only time will tell, I tried electrical tape but its too thick but I will use electrical tape on top of the connector and cable to help hold it in place.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 178
Message 3 of 6

Hi fuzzdemon,

I wouldn't recommend putting some tapes on it. It is recommended to submit it for repair instead. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

fuzzdemon
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 4 of 6

I dont think the cost of parts and labour would justify the value of the phone. Ive been warmed to keep away from these Asian mobile phone repair shops because they rip you off and the ones near me are all Asian shops so id rather just find an alternative option.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 128
Message 5 of 6

Hi fuzzdemon,

I appreciate your eagerness to fix this on your own, but it is recommended to submit it to service and have our technicians checked and repair it.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
fuzzdemon
Paper Tape
Views: 119
Message 6 of 6

Would you have any idea what it would cost to have this connector replaced? just a ball park figure?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals