Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serkansatuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 256
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo P2 call ring cut off problem in 4G mode

Hello. I have Lenovo P2a42 in me and my wife. My wife's phone is a dual sim card model and nougat installed, my phone is the only one with a single SIM card, the nougat is installed in this.

The problem:

For the past few days, both phones have a problem with the ring. The call comes in, the phone ring rings for 2-3 seconds and the sound is interrupted for 1-2 seconds and then continues to ring. This problem occurs when the ring tone is set to any mp3. the phone does not have such a problem in its internal ringtones.

I have tried the following to solve the problem:

1. The problem persisted when I started the phone in safe mode.
  2. Returned to factory settings and the problem persisted.
  3. I've seen the interruption of the sound when the phone is at 4G, I've set it to 3G, the problem is solved.

But when the phone is at 4G it is making trouble and I don't want to use this phone in 3G. Both phones have the same problem with 4G.

ROM version of my phone: p2a42_S108_170914_TUK

ROM version of my wife's phone: p2a42_S251_171107_ROW

I have read comments that this issue has occurred in other Lenovo P2. Do you have a solution for this? This situation is very annoying. Best Regards...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 239
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo P2 call ring cut off problem in 4G mode

Hi serkansatuk,

Thanks for reaching out. We're glad to help here. Just to check, how long is your ringtone? Is this happening to all MP3 ringtones you have?

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

serkansatuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 225
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

It does the same problem in all mp3 files. In the meantime, the MP3 file in the SD card or the internal memory does not change anything.

Mp3 length is about 2 min.
I cut the mp3 file down to 23 seconds, the interruption has fallen from 2-3 seconds to 0.5 seconds.

But again, I have to say that there is no such problem when the phone is on the 3G network. The problem occurs when the phone rings on the 4G network. This problem was not until about 2 months ago. I have this problem for the last two months.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 193
Message 4 of 8

@serkansatuk wrote:
Hi,

It does the same problem in all mp3 files. In the meantime, the MP3 file in the SD card or the internal memory does not change anything.

Mp3 length is about 2 min.
I cut the mp3 file down to 23 seconds, the interruption has fallen from 2-3 seconds to 0.5 seconds.

But again, I have to say that there is no such problem when the phone is on the 3G network. The problem occurs when the phone rings on the 4G network. This problem was not until about 2 months ago. I have this problem for the last two months.

Ringtone should not do anything on the network.  Also, we tried the Zedge app and the ringtone is working fine in our P2 phone. Can you check if it's working for you too?

-Daisy

serkansatuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 177
Message 5 of 8

I tried the zedge application. the same problem continues in some ringtones.

the same troubles were shared in the forum below.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/p2-p2a42-smartphones/ringtone-after-nougat/td-p/3629946

it is written that the problem is caused by the 4g network. There is even a sample video in the subject.

many people there complain about the same situation and unfortunately, no update or solution has been found.

It's weird that the same problem happened on both phones.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 144
Message 6 of 8

@serkansatuk wrote:

I tried the zedge application. the same problem continues in some ringtones.

the same troubles were shared in the forum below.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/p2-p2a42-smartphones/ringtone-after-nougat/td-p/3629946

it is written that the problem is caused by the 4g network. There is even a sample video in the subject.

many people there complain about the same situation and unfortunately, no update or solution has been found.

It's weird that the same problem happened on both phones.

Thanks for trying.  Can you provide a specific ringtone? Then we'll try.

-Daisy

Highlighted
serkansatuk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 129
Message 7 of 8

This is sample ringtone. 

thanks...

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 89
Message 8 of 8

@serkansatuk wrote:

This is sample ringtone. 

thanks...

Thanks. 

I'm not able to reproduce it, I'm trying to find someone who can.

- Matt

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors