Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsahil71
Paper Tape
Views: 25,004
Message 1 of 23

Lenovo P2 not charging

From the past 3 days, my phone is not charging properly. And now it is not charging at all. The phone was plugged into the wall charger for 3 hours and it didn't charge a bit.

Let me tell you how the events unfolded in last two days and today.

2 days ago.. my phone's battery was 15% when plugged into charging. 2 hours later it was 14%. Not charging. Somehow I managed to make it to 29% after charging it to more for two hours.

At night, the battery was about to drain and it was not charging. The phone was dead and I plugged into a wall charger for around 3 hours and somehow it charged.

1 day ago.. Yesterday I tried charging my phone at 20% battery but it wasn't charging. 

Today when the battery was dead I plugged in but after 3 hours there is still no charging. Only thing here is a blinking red light.

Guru
Views: 24,776
Message 2 of 23

Re: Lenovo P2 not charging

Hi,

The LED should continuous red light while charging, the blinking red light may signal damaged usb connection.
Try another USB cable.

Regards.

Lenovo TAB4 10 PLUS (Model number: Lenovo TB-X704F, Build number: TB-X704F_S000055_180507_ROW)
Lenovo P2 (Model number: P2a42, Lineage OS 16.0-20191016-NIGHTLY-kuntao)
jsahil71
Paper Tape
Views: 24,771
Message 3 of 23

Changing USB cables didn't work. red light is still blinking. But with one USB it stopped blinking but the usual red light was not there. Was that the correct one? Since my phone's battery is drained.

Guru
Views: 24,764
Message 4 of 23

The USB port on the phone is not damaged?

If you connect your phone to PC via USB cable, what is happening?
Can you reach the phone's internal storage ? (if the USB port is good you should see it)
The USB connection is stable? (or connecting-reconnecting)

Regards.

Lenovo TAB4 10 PLUS (Model number: Lenovo TB-X704F, Build number: TB-X704F_S000055_180507_ROW)
Lenovo P2 (Model number: P2a42, Lineage OS 16.0-20191016-NIGHTLY-kuntao)
azhar1975
WWAN
Views: 24,745
Message 5 of 23

Just claim for warranty is much easier. You can try other charger to see if charging take place or not at all. 

Former Employee
Views: 24,732
Message 6 of 23

@jsahil71 wrote:

From the past 3 days, my phone is not charging properly. And now it is not charging at all. The phone was plugged into the wall charger for 3 hours and it didn't charge a bit.

Let me tell you how the events unfolded in last two days and today.

2 days ago.. my phone's battery was 15% when plugged into charging. 2 hours later it was 14%. Not charging. Somehow I managed to make it to 29% after charging it to more for two hours.

At night, the battery was about to drain and it was not charging. The phone was dead and I plugged into a wall charger for around 3 hours and somehow it charged.

1 day ago.. Yesterday I tried charging my phone at 20% battery but it wasn't charging. 

Today when the battery was dead I plugged in but after 3 hours there is still no charging. Only thing here is a blinking red light.

Hi jsahil71,

Are you using the charger that came with the phone? I agree with them. Try using another charger. Also, test in Safe mode for us to know if a third party app is causing it. To boot into Safe mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe mode appears. Let us know.

Regards,

Joy

Moto - Lenovo Agent

jsahil71
Paper Tape
Views: 24,726
Message 7 of 23

No charging port is in good condition. Changing usb cables worked but after the 5th cable.

Thank you everyone.

Onaolu1
Paper Tape
Views: 24,621
Message 8 of 23

Please, I seem to have a similar problem. My Lenovo A3500 does not charge or boot to completion. It first shows the charging green icon and then it starts switching on by itself but never completes the process. When I connect it to a computer, it only recognises it as a camera. Any help please?

jsahil71
Paper Tape
Views: 24,518
Message 9 of 23

The problem came back again, but know its working in safe mode. Can you please explain why third party apps are creating this problem?
Former Employee
Views: 24,416
Message 10 of 23

@Onaolu1 wrote:

Please, I seem to have a similar problem. My Lenovo A3500 does not charge or boot to completion. It first shows the charging green icon and then it starts switching on by itself but never completes the process. When I connect it to a computer, it only recognises it as a camera. Any help please?

Hi Onaolu1,

Can you still open your device? If not, reset is the only option we have for troubleshooting. If reset won't work, repair is needed.

- Joy

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals