Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Da_man
Paper Tape
Views: 788
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo P2 - red light of TEMPORARY death

Frustratingly my phone switches off and becomes a brick with a slow blinking red light. This happens when:

A) my battery is low-ish below 30%.

B) When the screen freezes and I restart. The phone will attempt to restart but cannot then the slow red blink begins.

I have tired all sorts of ways to get it to reboot. Pressing volume buttons and power button all the various combinations. It doesn't work. 

What works is when I plug it to my charger and suddenly, when it's between 80 -100%, a battery and power icon comes on screen. I Press the power icon and the phone reboots normally

All this is quite irritating especially when I'm traveling for work. I use the P2 because of theexcellent battery life. 

I hope someone here can assist. Thanks in advance!! 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 724
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo P2 - red light of TEMPORARY death

@Da_man wrote:

Frustratingly my phone switches off and becomes a brick with a slow blinking red light. This happens when:

A) my battery is low-ish below 30%.

B) When the screen freezes and I restart. The phone will attempt to restart but cannot then the slow red blink begins.

I have tired all sorts of ways to get it to reboot. Pressing volume buttons and power button all the various combinations. It doesn't work. 

What works is when I plug it to my charger and suddenly, when it's between 80 -100%, a battery and power icon comes on screen. I Press the power icon and the phone reboots normally

All this is quite irritating especially when I'm traveling for work. I use the P2 because of theexcellent battery life. 

I hope someone here can assist. Thanks in advance!! 

Hi!

Thanks for posting, this sounds more like a battery issue to me. Can we do a Battery Calibration on your device, to do so please hold the power button until device reboots. Upon reboot plug into the charger. Allow the phone to charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. Repete the process twice a week.

If not, having your device perform Factory Reset without restoring any apps would be the next logical option before submitting to repair—to see if having your device start fresh after FDR helps?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Da_man
Paper Tape
Views: 720
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I have done a factory reset and the situation is still the same. Instead of calibrating the battery, would it quicker if I simply replace the battery (I've already bought a spare)?
djan16uk
Punch Card
Views: 465
Message 4 of 4

Hey, I am having the same problems also, did the new battery fix yours?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals