Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garyt1
Punch Card
Views: 964
Message 11 of 18

Re: Lenovo P2 stuck on Lenovo boot screen

i will let you know tomorrow or Tuesday.

no one has said there aware of anything, nobody has said anything at all, there is no contact with the repairers at all. 

garyt1
Punch Card
Views: 908
Message 12 of 18

arrived back yesterday lunchtime, along with a standard letter stating fault identified and fixed along with updated software.

after getting going with it there were 3 updates a 2gb, 200mb and 160mb. the phone is now on android 7.

all is working as it should be, so far.

very happy that it is back as it was, the service on the phone prior to getting it picked up was very good, from the service centre there was nothing and no means to contact them other than a phone number that doesent exist and was a digit short.

overall I'm happy.

BigSteveB
Paper Tape
Views: 905
Message 13 of 18

Nice one thanks for letting me know, I might have to do the same and get it sent off for repair. I was wondering if to try updating to android 7 to see if that helped. 

Lion72
Paper Tape
Views: 780
Message 14 of 18

I'm glad I've found this thread, I have exactly the same issue, it only developed around a month ago I've done two factory resets in that time issue back again yesterday so decided to wait 15 minutes and it eventually restarted, not ideal though.

This issue has also coincided with another issue, when toggling between open Apps it refreshes those apps each time which is annoying, it never used to do this. 

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed this issue also. 

tlaporte
Paper Tape
Views: 585
Message 15 of 18

I have the same problem. I was setting up a secure zone on my P2, and suddenly the phone shut off. After restarting it and entering my pincode, it just returned to the lock screen the whole time. Everything works (notifications, 4G, speech recognition, the camera of the lock screen), I just can't unlock the phone.

I did already install Android 7.0.

Lion72
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 16 of 18

How do I force my P2 to install Android 7?

tlaporte
Paper Tape
Views: 576
Message 17 of 18

I'm not an expert, but I think you can download it from the lenovo support side, put it on an SD-card with the name update.zip and then you shut off your phone. Then you wait for 10" and then press volume '+', volume '-' and power buttons all on the same time untill it boots. Then you get an options menu and there you can choose to install from an external SD card.

Highlighted
Lion72
Paper Tape
Views: 574
Message 18 of 18

Thanks for the reply 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors