Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casset
Paper Tape
Views: 598
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo p2a42 Nav Bar not responsive

Hey everyone,

I have a p2a42 smartphone and suddently my navigation bar become not responsive, here the facts after a little tinkering:

-the problem present itself when the nav bar is in its usual spot in the bottom of the screen with the phone in "portrait" (vertical)

-when the phone is in "landcape" (horizontal) the nav bar shows on the right of the screen and it works

-when the phone is in "landcape" (horizontal) the portion of the screen where the nav bar would be in portrait works as intended

-with the option Settings > Display > Navigation bar > Hide navigation bar enabled the area of the screen where the nav bar would be works but swiping up won't reveal the nav bar. Additionally that area is a little more white than the rest of the screen and you can slightly see the nav bar buttons- it's probably screen burn-in

-the nav bar actually works in portrait ONLY when the screen size is lagest (Settings > Display > Screen Size > Large)

-android 7.0 Nougat installed, no updates avaible

-soft reset, hard reset and safe mode won't change a thing

I wold like to be able to set a different Screen Size and actually use the Nav Bar:

Any suggestions?

Thank for your time.

C

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 597
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo p2a42 Nav Bar not responsive

Hi casset,

Thanks for writing to us, could you help us with a picture showing what you see? We would like to take a look? Could you also confirm—If

this is affecting your device performance?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

casset
Paper Tape
Views: 588
Message 3 of 9

Hey Swaraj, thanks for the quick reply.

I've attached a picture of the Burn-in: it's barely visible on camera and just a little more in person. It doesn't really affect usabilty or performance in any way.

The nav bar unresponsiveness hence being stuck on "Large screen size" affects my usability.

C

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 555
Message 4 of 9

@casset wrote:

Hey Swaraj, thanks for the quick reply.

I've attached a picture of the Burn-in: it's barely visible on camera and just a little more in person. It doesn't really affect usabilty or performance in any way.

The nav bar unresponsiveness hence being stuck on "Large screen size" affects my usability.

C

Thanks for the screenshot, honestly—I am unable to locate anything via screenshot. Not sure if this will help, but see if you can try performing a Reset on your device to see if that makes any difference. I understand its a hassle taking backup and performing a reset. But that's what I can think of. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

Highlighted
Mroziu69
Fanfold Paper
Views: 517
Message 5 of 9

Hello Casset. Don't worry, it's not a screen or hardware problem. Many ppl have the same problem. Also on this forum there were similar topics. It's a normal bug on this firmware. I'm not sure in which build of 7.0 firmware it has started. For sure it's on 251 and 252. You can restart, factory reset etc. - nothing will help Smiley Happy Lenovo support will not help You also because even if They wants to do it They can't do it. It can only be done by ppl who created the software but They have newer phones to work at and They left final software for P2 with bugs. The only way to fix the problem is to downgrade android to 6.0 or replace original rom from lenovo by custom rom (lineage or sth similar). When ppl changed rom on those the problem dissapeared. If You don't want custom rom or downgrade to 6.0.. You have to live with this bug Smiley Wink 

Endgame26042019
Paper Tape
Views: 394
Message 6 of 9

Hi There!

With the above problem, I am also having an issue of partial portions of touchscreen not working at all.

Even i did a downgrade of Lenovo P2 from Android 7.0 to Android 6.0 (my phone is already out of warranty) but same problem persist. Please if someone has any solution do tell me, It's quite frustrating to use a phone without full touch screen available.🙁

Sincerely,

Rahul

Mroziu69
Fanfold Paper
Views: 347
Message 7 of 9

Hello Rahul, 

One more question to Your problem because I just want to know one thing connected with this problem. Does Your screen have this issue only on the bottom of the screen (as You can see on the screnshoot which I attached) or maybe in Your case not working areas are in other places? For my screenshoot I used application from lenovo-"lenovo help". You can make there Diagnosis ot the touchscreen. Please let me know. If Your problem was found on other area that can be phisical problem with the screen. Some people had this issue also. They had to change the screen unfortunatelly..

Endgame26042019
Paper Tape
Views: 338
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for the response.

Actually, only the middle portion of touch screen is not working as you can see the screenshot of touchscreen diagnosis attached here. I don't think it's related to some physical damage because it was just working fine the day before that day and in between it didn't slipped from my hands either.😅

Mroziu69
Fanfold Paper
Views: 299
Message 9 of 9

Hi again,

Unfortunately places which You showed can be physical damage.. look that it,s a weird place as an software bug or dissability... As You see on my screen, there is no software way to use the bottom line..its without the lines and touching squares.. You can see squares at Your screen but U can't change them on green... And You've downgraded Your unit... And still the same problem.. looks like touching screen ;/ sorry to say that, but it looks like that.. check the lighter (electric clicker) trick on youtube when the touchscreen has problems.. maybe this really works

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals