Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azhar1975
WWAN
Views: 1,645
Message 11 of 28

Re: WhatsApp and Gmail app issue

Someone mentioned that installing "Disable Doze" app works for missing notification issue:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.geroo.disabledoze

Guru
Views: 1,627
Message 12 of 28

Hey,

Did the app help you?

I checked with my friend's phones and he said he don't have any issue with Gmail, but sometimes WhatsApp fails to receive messages and as soon as he opens the app the messages rush to the phone.

If this issue really concerns you I suggest you to backup the data and do a reset. It may fix the issue.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

isencan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,569
Message 13 of 28

I did a reset and installed everything from scratch. But nothing changes. I think this is caused by the design of the ROM . I'm gonna have to live with it and I won't use the power save button. Battery already lasts very good without it😀

Highlighted
azhar1975
WWAN
Views: 1,520
Message 14 of 28

@ommon4u1 wrote:

Hey,

Did the app help you?

I checked with my friend's phones and he said he don't have any issue with Gmail, but sometimes WhatsApp fails to receive messages and as soon as he opens the app the messages rush to the phone.

If this issue really concerns you I suggest you to backup the data and do a reset. It may fix the issue.

I don't have this issue from Day 1. Even after sliding the Ultimate Power Saving mode on-off every night, all PUSH notifications working normally. Maybe because I paired P2 with Sony Smartband Talk SWR30 all the time...Just my plain hypothesis the reason I don't have this issue...

HaasNL
What's DOS?
Views: 1,477
Message 15 of 28

After the first update I also have this issue.

I don't get it why Lenovo says that unlocking bootloader is breaking warranty, When unlocking bootloader is probably the only way to get this issue fixed.

Also why is no one from lenovo acknowledging this issue, a lot of users have this issue. TALK TO YOUR COMMUNITY!

AlMiller
Paper Tape
Views: 1,437
Message 16 of 28

Hi,

I'm also experiencing this issue with Whatsapp. I've tried all the tips I could find on this forum. No luck sofar. Hopefully an update will be coming soon.

In the meantime, has anybody succeeded in solving the problem?

sanyasi420
SCSI Port
Views: 1,425
Message 17 of 28

I am not bothered about notifications, but additionally, can removing the app from battery optimisation help? Long shot?

cristianpetti
Punch Card
Views: 1,379
Message 18 of 28

Hi, i have noticed the same issue both on my P2 and my wife's K6 Note using whatsapp! Using the souds recorder instead the volume is very high!

lackyluk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,359
Message 19 of 28

Same problem here, but it seems only with Gmail. Whatsapp and Messenger seems to work fine since i locked it in the last app list.

With Gmail nothing.  I have tried all the combination of tips i read, but nothing. Gmail is ''not optimized'', and is locked in the ''last app list''. Nothing!!!

I tried even to set priority in the Gmail notification. I hard reset, and tried to clean Google and Gmail Cache and data. Nothing.

My question is. Since its clear (is it clear?) a software bug, why seems some people have the issue and some don't? 

I have 27 days to solve until give back to amazon, with huge regret, cause its a very great phone!!!

azhar1975
WWAN
Views: 1,338
Message 20 of 28

My P2a42 running firmware S062_170117_ROW does NOT have this issue. Push notification always works even doze for more than 1 hour. My settings are:

IMG_20170308_070101.jpgLock apps in Recent/Background App

IMG_20170308_070252.jpgSettings > Power Manager > Battery Optimization

IMG_20170308_070439.jpgSettings > Power Manager > Background App Management

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals