Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlMiller
Paper Tape
Views: 984
Message 21 of 28

Re: WhatsApp and Gmail app issue

Thanks azhar1975 for your detailed explanation. I hope this helps others solve the issue. Although my settings and firmware are exactly the same, unfortunately I am not getting notifications when the P2 is in deep sleep. My hopes are set on the Nougat update :-)

lackyluk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 973
Message 22 of 28

Exactly same firmware, the last after all.

And exactly same setting, that is what all the people without the problem say to people with, but very thanks to your effort in make the post so clear anyway.

Now i begin to think there is some sort of hardaware issue in some phone, i cant see other explanation!! 

Approximatively when Nougat can appear? And there is no way to come back to another version of Android 5 to try?

isencan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 925
Message 23 of 28

Exactly same firmware, same settings for the apps we mentioned. But no, they don't restart after cancelling power save mode 😁

Highlighted
azhar1975
WWAN
Views: 898
Message 24 of 28

Oh well... if one reluctant to hard reset, the next best workaround is to disable GMail app and to rely on 3rd party email client like Outlook or TypeApp or Newton or the like...

lackyluk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 850
Message 25 of 28

Hard reset three time. And i tried, in this order. 

Gmail

Gmail+Outolook

Gmail+Inbox

myMail

Another mail app I dont remember the name.

No one of that receive push notification (to PUSH notification I mean a snap sign (led, sound or vibration) in the exact moment the mail reach my email box).

In the meantime however, i found this. 

https://developer.android.com/training/monitoring-device-state/doze-standby.html

Is this thing of mail notification an intentional behaviour?

Can really Big G has made this kind of idiocy?

Can Lenovo tinker with its version of ROM to make a 5100mAh beast work fine with all notification?

I want to be overrun by notification!!!I want to choice if I want my P2 to last 4 days' standby or only 3.5 but with that work's mail i would had to read immediately...read!!!

lackyluk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 791
Message 26 of 28

Ok good, now i'm one of those hyped waiting Nougat!!!

https://www.howtogeek.com/268943/how-to-use-android-nougats-new-notification-controls/

Maybe with a Level 5 on Gmail it can be bring back to a reliable work mail app, hoping it dont match current ''not optimized'' option!!!

azhar1975
WWAN
Views: 758
Message 27 of 28

Google should remove the "Do not disturb" feature. It's making the Android notifications goes haywire...especially push notifications...

If I don't need any disturbance, I just swith to "Vibrate Mode". Simple and less complicated....welcoming back Nokia 3310 simple "Discreet" feature....

Yknapen
What's DOS?
Views: 624
Message 28 of 28

N

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors