Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-16-2010

Canada

10 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 91 of 181

Re: Access Connection SMS Menu disappeared!!!!

2010-10-05, 6:56 AM

right on.

so let's stop breaking our heads about access connections and xml config file modifications just to get sms to work :-) Simple mind would think that Lenovo would have figured this out and learned some lessons already before they published AC 5.72

I suggest we stop this thread and discuss something else ...

I am unsubscribing from this thread.

Moderator edit: Topic to be avoided removed, per the Community Rules.

Options

41 Posts

09-05-2009

Austria

84 Signins

303 Page Views

• Views: 303
  • Message 92 of 181

2010-10-05, 7:04 AM

but this thread is too much fun to unsubscribe ... hahahaha :-)

Moderator edit: Topic to be avoided removed, per the Community Rules.

Options

5561 Posts

04-25-2008

United States of America

39924 Signins

766213 Page Views

• Views: 766213
  • Message 93 of 181

2010-10-05, 9:25 AM

wrote:

Access Connections 5.72 for Windows 7 is now on the support page:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73682

Version 5.72 is the 85c728ww files. For some reason the 5.62 files are also listed. I've submitted a Site feedback form about this using the link on the left of the support page.

Please come back and share your experiences other members who have contributed to this thread!

The support page is now fixed. Not bad, less than 24 hours!

USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Options

29 Posts

07-21-2010

South Africa

41 Signins

400 Page Views

• Views: 400
  • Message 94 of 181

2010-10-05, 10:18 AM

Im out of here. I have my Cell C connection working with SMS support:

To everyone who was involved constructively, thank you very much. A team effort makes for light work. I like a good challenge.

Look I agree its not the perfect situation and it shouldn't have to be this way but let's be honest, a quick change of an XML file and a reboot is not the end of the world. It's not uncommon these days for certain services to be geared towards specific providers. Take the iPhone for example. Locked to AT&T in the USA, O2 in the UK etc etc. This hasn't stopped the (unknown) thousands of people outside these areas and networks from buying the device and jailbreaking and unlocking the device. Myself included. And that is a MUCH bigger task you will agree if you have ever been through the painful process.

Complaining here isn't going to help though. Lenovo through very little communication has proved this. However, you now have a working solution beautifully detailed by johnripper (thanks dude) that works, takes less than 5 minutes and does not take rocket science. If you want it/need it that badly, dry your eyes and just do it. You now have all the information necessary for every carrier around the world.

I think I explained clearly enough earlier that I am no programmer and I certainly don't have a PhD in computer science, so if I can do it, so can anyone.

Thanks again to all the constructive input out there.

Take it easy!

Hoox

Options

4 Posts

10-02-2010

Budapest, Hungary

81 Signins

512 Page Views

• Views: 512
  • Message 95 of 181

2010-10-05, 15:26 PM

I have a T500 with Ericsson F3507g Mobile Broadband modem and i can't open the SMS application (Tools --> Mobile Bradband --> Start Text Messaging) on the new 5.72 version of the Acces Connection. Can i use johnripper's solution to open the SMS application or not? Or this XML trick works only with Gobi2000 broadband modem?

Options

29 Posts

07-21-2010

South Africa

41 Signins

400 Page Views

• Message 96 of 181

2010-10-05, 15:41 PM

pkatzen

This solution has no relation to the Gobi device. The Gobi modem just happens to be the onboard device that some of us have. Access Connections 5.72 looks at the SIM card, its operator IDs, references the XML file and subsequently allows or disallows the SMS service accordingly. This solution just makes AC allow the SMS service to whichever operator profile you add.

In short, I reckon yes it should work.

In even shorter, just go ahead and try it! Nothing ventured nothing gained. Worst case scenario, it just doesn't work but you can't do any damage by simply adding an additional profile. Just make sure you add it in the EXACT same format of the existing ones and ensure you are using the correct IDs before declaring failure.

You can do us a favor and let us know if it worked.

Thanks

Options

4 Posts

10-02-2010

Budapest, Hungary

81 Signins

512 Page Views

• Views: 512
  • Message 97 of 181

2010-10-05, 17:50 PM

hookins

I tried with Ericsson F3507g. Still don't work... But all ID's are correct,  because I already have a new profile in "Location Profiles" list ("Telenor HU Mobile Broadband", what I have written to the XML :smileywink:) .

But I found an entry in Readme (http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/85c728ww.txt):

4. Start Text Messaging for Ericsson F3507g
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Mobile Broadband - Start Text Messaging for Ericsson F3507g is not supported 
  for Windows 7.

I am disappointed, because it worked in vista...:smileysad:

Thanks for your help!

Options

45 Posts

09-01-2010

Germany

141 Signins

960 Page Views

• Views: 960
  • Message 98 of 181

2010-10-05, 19:19 PM

frcko & mknapp

I cant support what you think. If you dont want to participate on this thread there is no need to do so. But there is also no need for you to force people to unsubscribe here. If you want to walk away form the forms, then do. I think nobody will care anyway. However, I for my part doing this to get my mind away from womEn and  beer.

Of course I am a little upset about Lenovo and that they dont just give a out of the box solution and I will definiatly think about this, when I buy my next ThinkPad or not.

But upon then I need a solution for my problems and this is mostly provided by user forums as we see here. I guess we can be happy that Lenovo is providing a forum at the first stept and secoundly not deleting our solutions here, even if it is unoffical and exactly not what Lenovo wants!!

And while if I am here, I dont only want to downstream knowledge from the forum up provide some as well. And if this improves the solution I require this is more than perfect.

This is why I will stay on this thread and try to help people searching for an solution for there issue.

For all others, if the previous provided solutions dont work instandly, keep trying and post to the forums.. I am for my part not a Lenovo tech and will not read readme's you could ready by yourself. But post before you jump out of the window, please :)

However for all having trouble (after installing AC 5.72 of course) get this solution to work, please insert the simcard of your choice, connect to your mobile network and sent yourself a textmessage (if possible). You will the this message if you computer/device can receive the text message:

Link to picture

If you see this messagebox, you should go on and try go the AC SMS application to load. If this doesnt work, you are very welcome to post your problem regarding the iusse.

For all other, if you have something to share, even if this some improvement to anyones posts here, PLEASE DO SO!

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Options

11 Posts

07-21-2008

Germany

17 Signins

348 Page Views

• Views: 348
  • Message 99 of 181

2010-10-09, 8:03 AM

Plz Help...

Running a X61s with Sierra Wireless MC8775 successfuly to connect to the Internet with 7.2 Mbit fix.
Is the MC8775 supported by the SMS feature ? If so the XML fix didn't work for me.
I am using a German SIM with Serviceprovider FONIC (-> O2 Network Reseller which uses O2 and if no coverage D1 Network to connect)

<SMSSupport>true</SMSSupport>
  <editable>true</editable>
  <locked>false</locked>
  <country>Germany</country>
  <nwprovider>O2 Germany</nwprovider>
- <setting>
  <type>name</type>
  <value>FONIC</value>
</setting>
- <setting>
  <type>apn</type>
  <value>pinternet.interkom.de</value>
  </setting>
- <setting>
  <type>acprofilename</type>
  <value>Fonic O2 Germany</value>
  </setting>
- <setting>
  <type>authtype</type>
  <value>PAP</value>
</setting>
</profile>

The profile is applied after I rebooted and when the Networkprovider is seen automatically applied.
Strange is that as Serviceprovider now "Vodafone" with Vodafone Logo is displayed. But profile Name is set to XML entry.... no SMS feature available or presented...

XML active

NO SMS Feature

Options

29 Posts

07-21-2010

South Africa

41 Signins

400 Page Views

• Message 100 of 181

2010-10-09, 9:52 AM

Madaley

Firstly what I would do is not use all 3 of those mcnc's. If you look closer at the status of two of them you will see that 2 of them are not operational but are reserved:

26208O2
Reserved
26211O2
Reserved

Im not saying that will be your answer but it is certainly a start.

I also find it quite strange that your service provider is showing as Vodafone. Strangely also I have a Vodacom logo on my status window but teh service provider is named CELL C which is my provider.

Take out those two inactive mcnc's, reboot and let me know if that worked or not.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)