12-01-2007

venezuela

42 Signins

398 Page Views

• Views: 398
  • Message 1 of 5

Access Connection log file, no clear structure, behavior criptic

2007-12-01, 23:58 PM
I am troubleshooting an issue with Access Connection ver. 4.42 executing over a Lenovo Thinkpad T61

I enable the log, using the login tab, for the Diagnostic option in the Tools Menu.

The log generated is in html format, but the contents its very dificult to understand.

I think the developer put this for debuging, and they know, what mean every entry ( I think).

someone know the meaning of the entries in the log file AcconAdvanced.html ???

Thanks in advance.

filmancco
Options

289 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Access Connection log file, no clear structure, behavior criptic

2007-12-03, 18:26 PM
You're exactly right, it generates a log only a mother could love...

What kind of problems are you having?
Options

15 Posts

12-01-2007

venezuela

42 Signins

398 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2007-12-03, 20:37 PM
HI, LANOgre : I'm supporting a very large platform conformed by T4x, T60 and T61. ( totally 1250 tp. aprox.)

The wireless network have two configurations at this time:

the old configuration : WEP - statics

the new configuration: EAP , TKIP, integrated with Active Directory.

I'm created the profiles for each case and the customer require to migrate all the Tp to the new wireless platform.

We are executing a roll-out, running an unnattended script, I' develop for this scenario, for the T4X and T60, all fine with this point.

The customer is installing some T61, 7661-CH2, with the same two profiles I',ve created.

The T61 connect sucessfully at boot time, over any profile , WEP o EAP, but if I try to switch to another profile

for example: from EAP to WEP or from WEP to EAP the TP is unable to connect to any network, no more.

The two profiles are "Best Network config", there have wireless and wired NIC associated", but switch to wired don't resolve the issue.

Other issue, The TP is disconnecting from the network, 3 o 4 times a day, stay in the same place and discarding signal o noise issue from the acess point.

The only action that correct the behavior is boot the TP.

I'm update all the components, drivers, BIOS, TVT, etc. but the failure its the same.

This issue only affect T61, with other model T4x or T60 no have any problem.

I think that enable Access Connection log, I can detect the component that generate the failure. But its very criptic.

I'm enable two TP to log ACCON, for testing, for 4 day ago.

The only test that left , its installing the last wireless driver, posted in the Intel web-site ( but this is the late test), I've test the two drivers available in Lenovo Web-site. The wireless adapter is Intel 4965AGN.

You can help me, at this point???

Options

289 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 4 of 5

2007-12-04, 11:19 AM

Hmm..  that is a bit strange...  The 3945 card in the T60 and the 4965 card use the same driver, so you'd think the problem should be showing on both systems.

When you switch to another profile and you get the pop-up window showing progress, at what point of it do you get a red X?
Also, if you click "help me fix this" what error is listing?

I presume this is with v4.42 of AC?  Might want to make sure that also have the latest hotkeys and power management driver if don't have them already...

Hotkeys:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-68000

Power Management driver:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4GXPEG

Don't use the driver from Intel's site, Access Connections needs to use the Lenovo driver in order to function properly.
But, you could uninstall Access Connections and the Lenovo version of the driver and download/install the Intel driver with their PROSet application to see if it have the same behavior. That would help say if it's an AC problem or a driver issue.

As for the disconnecting problem, can try changing the Power Management and Roaming Aggressiveness of the card.
Edit each profile under Access Connections and on the Wireless Settings page, go into the Settings for Advanced Configuration.  Set the Power Save Mode to Low (best network performance).
Then open Device Manager and open the properties of the Intel wireless card.  Go to the Advanced tab and change these two settings.
     Power Management: Uncheck Use default value and move the slider all the way to the right to Highest.
     Roaming Aggressiveness: Uncheck Use default value and move the slider all the way to the left to Lowest.  Click Ok and exit.  Then reboot the system.

You may need to tweak the Aggressive Roaming setting to a left of middle setting if you find yourself not roaming soon enough.

Try that and see if it helps....

Note from Moderator:  Converted links.

Message Edited by nonny on 12-04-2007 08:14 AM
Options

15 Posts

12-01-2007

venezuela

42 Signins

398 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2007-12-04, 19:32 PM
The software and drivers are up to date.

the AC version is 4.42.

The message in the diagnostic tool of AC, its error 009, don`t connect to access point. wireless network not available.

I isolate the failure

The failure its related with the management of the radio signal.

If follow the behavior of the radio signal using the wireless signal icon in taskbar, its visible that the radio is off when try to switch from one prfile to another.

If I turn the radio off , using Fn-F5, and follow select another profile, the connection is successfully.

I think that there are a bug in the driver or in AC over the driver, that can't manage the radio acordingly.

The use of the Fn-F5 applet it's not accepted by my IT managers, not aplicable to very final user.

I try with the Intel driver ver. 11.5.0.32.

Excuse me , but this is the last test, with the cards in my hand.

the driver work fine, the switch from one profile to another work fine.

I think to put, 2-3 TP in test time by 3-5 days to evaluate behavior.

What do you think about all of this????

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete