5 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 4

Access Connections Force Wireless Control to Auto

2008-05-14, 15:01 PM
Hello,
Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm using Access Connections 4, with the administrator Profile Distribution to create an LOA with the wireless keys. All work fine, except the wireless connection Control is set to Automatic (e.g. checks Connect Automatically when this network is in range). We're hiding the SSID and don't want the laptops to become beacons. Anyway to force a manual connect?

Thanks,
dag

Options

288 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Access Connections Force Wireless Control to Auto

2008-05-15, 12:49 PM
Don't quite understand what you mean...

Automatic Connection Control is a setting in WZC profile, not Access Connections and since AC can't deploy a WZC profile I really am a bit confused on what you mean...  Do you mean Automatic Location Switching?  (Configure -> Location Switching)
Options

4 Posts

05-14-2008

work

5 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 3 of 4

2008-05-15, 14:01 PM
Appreciate the reply!

Should mention I'm using Access Connections v.4.40(AC), on Vista Bus. Ed. w/sp1. After importing the profile with AC a windows wireless service(wlansvc) profile is created with the control set to automatically connect. I tried manually editing the profile and after disconnecting/connecting it goes back to auto control. Tried importing the windows profile with netsh wlan add ..., imports the manual profile, then reboot and AC sees the profile, adds it and creates a duplicate windows wireless profile that is controlled automatically.

The purpose for this is the wireless router is confugured to hide the ssid, and we don't want the laptops to act as beacons trying connect to the network every so often. Not a huge deal, but seems like we should be able to set to manually connect. I'm wondering if auto-controlled wireless connections are required by AC?

Thanks for any help!
Options

288 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 4 of 4

2008-05-15, 14:58 PM
Now I understand what you mean...

Hmmm, doesn't seem to be a way to do what you want.  The design for Access Connections is to get and keep you connected.  Under XP you could disable Location switching to mostly achieve what you want, but for Vista there really isn't an option since we have to sit on top of the Vista wireless connection service.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete