New York

3 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 3

Access Connections broken on brand new laptop

2011-02-05, 14:39 PM

Hello Helpful People!

I've got a brand new ThinkPad W510.  Whenever I try to use ThinkPad Access Connections to set a location, Windows Wireless Service sneaks in and takes over.  This means that ThinPad Access Connections is completely useless for me.

Any thoughts on a registry change or whatever, that would make Windows Wireless Server not take over from TVAC?

By the way, when I turn off "WLAN Auto Config" in services.msc, that disables TVAC completely also.

Thanks,

Kevin

Options

1593 Posts

07-17-2009

Slovakia

576 Signins

12029 Page Views

• Views: 12029
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Access Connections broken on brand new laptop

2011-02-07, 7:21 AM

Hi,

can you tell me what OS version are you using? 

You see, for example in Win7 the Windows network manager is that much extended, that the Access Connections is mostly using his functionality to manage the network devices and to not cause any system confusion. 

Of course Access Connections still provides more additional settings then the standard windows management utility. 

Cheers

Options

288 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Access Connections broken on brand new laptop

2011-02-08, 19:43 PM

Access Connections uses the wireless subsystem of the operating system.  Under XP, AC was a replacement.

You will see "Windows Wireless Service" in Access Connections when you create wireless profile outside of Access Connections. I would suggest removing all AC profiles, then open the wireless setting under manage networks and remove all the wireless profiles left over.  From that point on, only make wireless connections through Access Connections.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete