10-01-2010

Netherlands

54 Signins

236 Page Views

• Views: 236
  • Message 1 of 6

Acess Connections .loa file not imported automatically

2011-05-04, 8:28 AM

We are deploying the T510 systems with Windows 7 x64 Professional. The systems are ready to go after deployment but Access Connections has no location profiles yet. My goal is to deploy some profiles for our internal and wireless company network. One very important issue is that the systems are not allowed to make any wireless connections while docked on the wired network. I managed to set this with the Access Connections Administrator function.

I created a profile.loa and ___.sig file from the known good profiles we need.

Then I deployed both files into the designated folder and rebooted the laptop. Some parts of the profile are definitely working after reboot, but for example the password for the Wireless network is not filled in and a few other details like multi type profiles are not working.

Are these the limitations? What should be the way to clone the exact Access Connections profiles? We can't have the users be bothered for the wireless password or that they have to choose a name for the location.

Solved! See the solution
Options

11 Posts

10-01-2010

Netherlands

54 Signins

236 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: Acess Connections .loa file not imported automatically

2011-05-04, 13:22 PM

Let me rephrase, my earlier message might be a little unclear.

I created a .loa and .sig file. When I import this loa file into AC it asks for the password and everything works fine afterwards.

We are deploying many T510 systems and do not want to import the files manually. We inject the loa and sig file in the C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities folder after AC is installed by thininstaller. When the system is rebooted the profiles are not imported automatically.

I thought maybe there's a problem using x64 windows 7 so I also tried to place the files into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Access Connections\LOA

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Access Connections\

This didn't work out either. What's going wrong?

Options

249 Posts

09-02-2008

US

567 Signins

5465 Page Views

• Views: 5465
  • Message 3 of 6

2011-05-05, 19:27 PM

Do you have the setting below selected when creating the Loa package, this setting is on the 1st page when you select the profiles you want deployed.

"Allow Silent impot of this package even after installation of client"

Options

11 Posts

10-01-2010

Netherlands

54 Signins

236 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2011-05-06, 5:59 AM

Yes, allow silent import is enabled. Now I tried to create a profile without a password but that didn't work either.

Options

288 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 5 of 6

2011-05-10, 15:53 PM

Just to check, is the loa file being created on a T510 running the version of Access Connections you are trying to deploy?

i.e. Operating System, Service Pack level and Access Connections versions all match the same as what you are deploying?

If you instead manually copy the loa and sig file over after the OS is deployed, do they work properly?

When you are creating the loa, and check the box to add a profile to deployment, you have to re-enter any credentials used, i.e. passwords, so they are deployed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Access Connections\ is the correct path to copy the loa and sig files.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

11 Posts

10-01-2010

Netherlands

54 Signins

236 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2011-05-26, 12:16 PM

It's working now! Thanks.

I thought I doublechecked if both AC versions (host and client) where the same but apparently I didn't. Now using the same version and using the path LANOgre suggested the profiles are silently deployed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete