Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

03-29-2010

Fort Collins, CO

54 Signins

299 Page Views

• Views: 299
  • Message 1 of 2

Disabling Rescue and Recovery, tvt_reg_monitor_svc, in Enterprise environment

2010-07-08, 16:02 PM

I have many Lenovo machines set up in an AD domain.  Most are running Windows XP Pro (some are running Windows 7 Pro).  We have backups scheduled from the server side for important folders and computers, and the rest of the computers are handled from the user end.

Some computers ask the users if they want to schedule R&R backups.  I would like to disable this and let the system we have in place take priority.

1. Is this advisable? What does R&R backup?  Is it better than the Windows default backup?

2.  How should I disable this function?

3.  Is there a way to disable it on all Lenovo computers?

Secondly, the infamous tvt_reg_monitor_svc.exe continually plagues computers with slow processing.  I can disable it manually, but I think it restarts when the computer reboots.  I saw that there is a patch available, but shouldn't that be automatically pushed out through TVSU?  I would actually prefer to permanently disable or delete the service.

1. Is there a way to disable or delete this service permanently?

2. Is there a way to do this across multiple computers simultaneously?

Options

35 Posts

08-02-2009

Australia

35 Signins

783 Page Views

• Views: 783
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Disabling Rescue and Recovery, tvt_reg_monitor_svc, in Enterprise environment

2010-07-22, 6:13 AM

Hi,

One solution would be to uninstall R&R from the individual computers since you already have a robust process in place.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)