Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

43 Posts

09-05-2009

United States of America

89 Signins

1888 Page Views

• Views: 1888
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo TVT 6.0.5802.24

2011-06-30, 6:33 AM

T500 W7 Pro-64. Does this (6.0.5802.24) release of ThinkVantage Toolbox work? If not what release does work? Has anyone ever been happy with TVT? If anyone has a working TVT what benefit(s) do you expect to receive or have you received? TIA for any help.

Bob Helms

Options

23 Posts

07-22-2010

United Kingdom

100 Signins

508 Page Views

• Views: 508
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo TVT 6.0.5802.24

2011-07-02, 12:08 PM

I have found that this version seems to have broken the Settings. I have "Quick Hardware Check" turned off (since it pays no attention to if the machine is idle or on mains, and is thus hateful) and also "spam me with special offers", yet this version has started popping up notifications about how everything is fine and I have 6 new message(s) from Lenovo!

Like most preinstalled IBM/Lenovo software, avoid. The only two reasons I've not uninstalled it are a) uncertainly on how to reinstall it b) this machine has had hardware issues in the past and being able to point at a diagnostic failure in Lenovo's own tool helps when dealing with tech support over a warranty return.

(Given this thread, the previous version was even worse! I only tend to let Lenovo Software Update do its thing every month after a full system backup---which is a plan that would work better if the bugs it introduces would show up immediately rather than days after.)

Options

43 Posts

09-05-2009

United States of America

89 Signins

1888 Page Views

• Views: 1888
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo TVT 6.0.5802.24

2011-07-03, 5:42 AM

I had to uninstall whatever release I had (don't remember)  because of similar "hateful" and "useless" messages. I take it that Lenovo is satisfied with the current state of affairs. You can just go to W7 'control panel' then 'programs and features' and 'uninstall' it. I was hoping to get signed up to a thread that would give some sort of notification and or timeframe that Lenovo has or is expected to fix TVT. I'll also watch the thread that you mentioned. Thanks for the information.

Bob Helms

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms