Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-02-2018

United States of America

38 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 101 of 304

Re: Lenovo Vantage Battery Conservation mode gone? Help

2018-02-12, 11:25 AM
Until you find the solution, you should rollback to the previous version of Vantage and publish it in the Microsoft store. Alternatively you could build a standalone of the downgraded version, put it on a link and let the frustrated customers install it on their own.
Options

19 Posts

02-11-2018

Indonesia

140 Signins

1106 Page Views

• Views: 1106
  • Message 102 of 304

2018-02-13, 3:30 AM

Looks like it's still there but it's buggy (?)
I downloaded Lenovo Vantage last night 12 Feb (before 20:00), the option didn't exist.
But here's screenshot from 20:22:
It's there :o
So I turned it on.

Then I wanted to check it again and turn it off before sleep (around 23:00), but it's gone.

My laptop is Legion Y520, Windows 10.

Options

5 Posts

02-09-2018

Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)

10 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 103 of 304

2018-02-13, 4:30 AM
I did notice too, the app updated but i didn't notice a change, i still not see the conservation mode
Options

6764 Posts

10-29-2009

United States of America

17737 Signins

164103 Page Views

• Views: 164103
  • Message 104 of 304

2018-02-13, 14:59 PM

All,

Sorry for this trouble.  This is a defect in Lenovo System Interface Foundation, not in Lenovo Vantage.  To fix the problem, you have to patch Lenovo System Interface Foundation, or else wait until we release the next version.  If you want to patch it, here are the instructions:

First, please download IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip from one of the following links.  These links are pointing to the same files, so you only need to download one.  If one of the links doesn't work for you, try the other one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ladx9cjs1sgd1y3/IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhbQXoxVpqOWjkwHo9A

Once you have IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip, extract it to your desktop or some other folder that you can remember.  Then:

1.  Close Lenovo Vantage

2.  Open Task Manager.  (If you never run Task Manager before, you have to click on "More Details")  Then click on "Services" tab.

3.  Sort the list of services by name, then find "ImControllerService".  Right-click on it, then stop it.

4.  Open File Explorer.  Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Note that "C:\ProgramData" is a hidden folder, so you have to type this path into the File Explorer, or else configure File Explorer to show hidden files.

5.  Find the "IdeaNotebookPlugin" folder, and delete this folder.  

6.  Copy the IdeaNotebookPlugin folder that you extracted from the .zip, to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Basically you want to replace the folder that you deleted in step 5, with the new folder.

7.  When you are done, you should have "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaNotebookPlugin" and inside this folder should be "x64", "x86", and "PluginManifest".

8.  Reboot the PC

9.  Run Vantage, is the setting back?  If not, may need to close Vantage and then open it again.

Options

7 Posts

02-10-2018

France

27 Signins

181 Page Views

• Views: 181
  • Message 105 of 304

2018-02-13, 15:09 PM

Tks is this fix for all hardware types ?

Options

6764 Posts

10-29-2009

United States of America

17737 Signins

164103 Page Views

• Views: 164103
  • Message 106 of 304

2018-02-13, 15:13 PM

wrote:

Tks is this fix for all hardware types ?

It is the patch for systems that previously showed Conservation Mode.

Not all systems support Conservation Mode.  For example:  Y90017ISK, Y900, Miix510, V330-15KB/ISK, and Yoga330 don't support it.

Options

13 Posts

02-04-2018

Philippines

42 Signins

267 Page Views

• Views: 267
  • Message 107 of 304

2018-02-13, 15:18 PM

wrote:

All,

Sorry for this trouble.  This is a defect in Lenovo System Interface Foundation, not in Lenovo Vantage.  To fix the problem, you have to patch Lenovo System Interface Foundation, or else wait until we release the next version.  If you want to patch it, here are the instructions:

First, please download IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip from one of the following links.  These links are pointing to the same files, so you only need to download one.  If one of the links doesn't work for you, try the other one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ladx9cjs1sgd1y3/IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhbQXoxVpqOWjkwHo9A

Once you have IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip, extract it to your desktop or some other folder that you can remember.  Then:

1.  Close Lenovo Vantage

2.  Open Task Manager.  (If you never run Task Manager before, you have to click on "More Details")  Then click on "Services" tab.

3.  Sort the list of services by name, then find "ImControllerService".  Right-click on it, then stop it.

4.  Open File Explorer.  Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Note that "C:\ProgramData" is a hidden folder, so you have to type this path into the File Explorer, or else configure File Explorer to show hidden files.

5.  Find the "IdeaNotebookPlugin" folder, and delete this folder.  

6.  Copy the IdeaNotebookPlugin folder that you extracted from the .zip, to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Basically you want to replace the folder that you deleted in step 5, with the new folder.

7.  When you are done, you should have "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaNotebookPlugin" and inside this folder should be "x64", "x86", and "PluginManifest".

8.  Reboot the PC

9.  Run Vantage, is the setting back?  If not, may need to close Vantage and then open it again.

HI! Good news! it has worked and conservation mode has returned! Thank you very much! Now I just hope this really is the fix you did and we'll not lose it anymore again!

Options

2 Posts

02-13-2018

Romania

4 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 108 of 304

2018-02-13, 15:20 PM

I managed to make it work with the following workaround on a y720 :

1) Download and install: https://support.lenovo.com/my/ro/downloads/ds030850 (I know it says for windows 8 and 8.1.. but it also works on windows 10.)

2) install it and give it a reboot your PC

3) Once you booted up and logged in into windows, press windows key and R like in photo below

4) write in : "shell:common startup" (without quotes and press ok, this will help you run the software everytime you login)

5)Now you need to create a shortcut of the Lenovo Energy Management 8.0 in the windows just opened

The shortcut will point to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\Energy Management.exe" where C: is the partition where you have installed the Lenovo Energy Management.

Warning!! : You should make the shortcut inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\ and then copy it to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

After all this steps reboot your pc and when you log in the app should start up.

If you cannot see it , look in taskbar for the car icon and double click on it.

You have now two options : Optimized Battery Health (a.k.a Conservation Mode) or Maximum Battery (normal charge)

Pick Optimized Battery Health and Conservation mode will work (it will always charge to 60% as you used to)

Have a nice day! I still wait for an official fix for the Lenovo Vantage app. 

Options

2 Posts

02-13-2018

Romania

4 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 109 of 304

2018-02-13, 15:36 PM

It worked for me ():) A better solution than mine. After reboot conservation mode is still there. Thank you very much.

Options

13 Posts

02-02-2018

China

33 Signins

271 Page Views

• Views: 271
  • Message 110 of 304

2018-02-13, 15:40 PM

I am affraid that your patch does not work on my y520 notebook.

after patched and restarted 1st time

Then I restarted second time and close and open my vantage again and again. It becomes

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms