Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

08-03-2015

United States of America

112 Signins

532 Page Views

• Views: 532
  • Message 131 of 305

Re: Lenovo Vantage Battery Conservation mode gone? Help

2018-02-14, 0:36 AM

The fix did not work for me either.  In fact, I have fewer power options than before... battery icon only, no USB power option.  I even uninstalled/reinstalled Vantage, as another user did.  I am on the Yoga 900.  Screenshot attached...

Options

11 Posts

01-19-2018

Australia

75 Signins

528 Page Views

• Views: 528
  • Message 132 of 305

2018-02-14, 0:47 AM

Hi KingSeamonkey

Thanks. This is a bit odd.

I don't think uninstalling/reinstalling Vantage is likely to help. If anything, uninstalling and reinstalling the System Interface Foundation might help. Have you tried that?

In Device Manager, under System Devices, uninstall (and check the box for deleting drivers) for at least "System Interface Foundation V2 Device), and maybe for completeness "Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller". Reboot.

At this stage, you should not have a c:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins directory at all.

Re-install the System Interface Foundation. I have the file downloaded from Lenovo stored on my hard drive, because I have now done this so many times trying to troubleshoot this problem. Otherwise, uninstalling and reinstalling Vantage prompts you to download and install the System Interface Foundation.

This will give you a c:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaNoteBookPlugin directory, which you can replace with someotherguy's version following his directions. I suggest another reboot (this time, maybe a hard reboot), and fire up Vantage.

If it doesn't work after all of that, I'd suggest the Lenovo Techs get in touch with you with instructions to enable logging so further investigation can occur.

Options

2018-02-14, 1:02 AM
Hey!

I'd followed exaclty the step that someotherguy wrote and now I'm facing same problem as McKikious and KingSeamonkey. I'm using Legion Y920.

I'd never done other things to get back the Cons Mode before except resetting Lenovo Vantage. So somebody please help me.

I want to try what Muonium said about uninstalling System Interface Foundation but afraid other problem will aroused.
Options

16 Posts

02-02-2018

China

30 Signins

495 Page Views

• Views: 495
  • Message 134 of 305

2018-02-14, 2:00 AM

Have you installed the driver? It doesn't work for some machines if you don't have a driver, you can try use Lenovo Vantage, enter System Update, then install the driver you lost.

Options

2018-02-14, 9:19 AM

Sorry but what driver do you mean?

My Lenovo Vantage was preinstalled when i bought my laptop.

Btw, I already updated Lenovo Vantage using the System Update but its up to date

Options

28 Posts

01-27-2018

Bulgaria

212 Signins

1606 Page Views

• Views: 1606
  • Message 136 of 305

2018-02-14, 9:39 AM

Hello friends. Greetings from Bulgaria. I would like to thank all those who joined the discussion and without whom this amendment would not see the world. For me, the patch that was published by the SommeHerguage works well on my legion Y520 IKBM. I restarted the laptop one hundred times to make sure the battery retention function will not disappear again ..... for now everything is working normally. Thanks again ... a successful day at all.

Options

16 Posts

02-02-2018

China

30 Signins

495 Page Views

• Views: 495
  • Message 137 of 305

2018-02-14, 9:56 AM

This driver is only used for battery that the device chemistry is "Li_Ion". As for preloaded machine which battery chemistry type is "Li_Ion", it has been installed with preload already.

Options

2018-02-14, 10:33 AM

Edited:

Okay I'll try to reinstall the driver

Options

14 Posts

02-14-2018

Serbia

26 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 139 of 305

2018-02-14, 10:49 AM

Can anyone say me how can I now remove Energy Power Managment?

I installed EP when Vantage didn't worked well. And now can't unnistall this program. 

he's not in apps and features, and don't has any unistall setup in program files. 

Options

2018-02-14, 10:51 AM
Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Energy Management > Uninstall
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms