Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

47 Posts

03-31-2009

United States of America

36 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 1 of 2

Problems caused by ThinkVantage Lenovo update

2012-07-19, 6:39 AM

So I recently bought a X220T, and I used ThinkVantage Lenovo Update to update all recommend and optional drivers and software. 

Here are some problems:

1. I lost the Ultranav function. No more Thinkpad middle button scroll, but replaced by windows version. No more two finer scroll on the touch pad. 

2. When I adjust the volume, there's no more Thinkapad volume bar

3. When I push the ThinkVantage button, the simple touch interface shows up. Why would you need 4 different ways (mouse click, double finger tap, double finger touchpad tap, and ThinkVantage button) to get to simple touch which I don't use.

4. What's the point of having both ThinkVatange Tool Box and Lenovo Solution Center? They are the same thing! Why would you need both on a computer?

I thought the whole point of ThinkVantage is to cut done the maintenance cost for users, however, now I need to deal with all these problems. It would be great if someone can give me soem idea on getting the first two problems fixed. 

Options

2598 Posts

03-19-2009

Germany

5614 Signins

73478 Page Views

• Views: 73478
  • Message 2 of 2

Betreff: Problems caused by ThinkVantage Lenovo update

2012-07-21, 13:58 PM

It is a known issue but still not solved:

Remove Hotkey-Features from your computer (setup gets found in C:\Drivers\Win\Hotkey or C:\SWTOOLS\Drivers\Win\Hotkey) 

Download an install Hotkey-Features from Lenovo Website.

Sometimes the Power Management Driver also is affected. In that case remove it AND the Hotkey-Features and install both again.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms