US

45 Signins

435 Page Views

• Views: 435
  • Message 1 of 3

Rescue & Recovery Backup Time on X300

2009-04-23, 23:30 PM

I have an X300 running Windows XP.

I would like to do a backup for recovery often, but it takes over 10 hours.  I have less than half of my small solid-state drive filled.  When I had a Sony Vaio, I used Windows to make restore points every few days - it took a painless few minutes, and I had a lot more stuff on my drive back then.

I did a "rejuvenation" from a backup two days ago, and it ran for 6 hours before I went to bed, and it still had the first activity box checked - something like "gathering my settings".  A question was waiting for me in the morning, and it ran at least another two hours after I OK'd the dialog - it is so painful to watch, I just have to leave and guess about how long it may have taken. 

Rescue and Recovery Runs so slowly, and gives such poor feedback, I find myself wondering if it is just hung up in a loop.  Can someone tell me why Windows can make a restore point in a couple of minutes while Rescue & Recovery takes hours?  Am I getting something of value that isn't at all apparent?  I picked up numerous viruses, etc. and was always able to successfully restore from a Windows restore point, so I can't imagine what Rescue & Recovery may be doing that is of more value.

Thanks,

Bill

Options

1 Posts

08-21-2009

uk

1 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Rescue & Recovery Backup Time on X300

2009-08-21, 18:02 PM

Bill,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I also have X300 and suffered the 10 hour backup ordeal whilst backing up to an external HDD

anyone got any advice on why/how its even possible to take 10 hours to back up a 64GB SSD?

Am I not simply better off using my external drives one touch backup button?!?!?

Options

1593 Posts

07-17-2009

Slovakia

576 Signins

12029 Page Views

• Views: 12029
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Rescue & Recovery Backup Time on X300

2009-08-24, 7:00 AM

Hi,

Rescue and Recovery is a much more extendend tool, when Windows Resotore/backup option. Therefore you can not compare these two tools.

Can you describe you backup process in a bit detail? How and where did you captured the backup?

Rgrds

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete