Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

06-18-2010

Chicago

42 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: Simple Tap tile to open a folder?

2010-06-25, 19:25 PM

Thank you for the information.  I will need to spend some time getting familiar with the power manager.  One thing that has befuddled me is that the power manager indicator will say (in parens) I have only a few minutes left, even though I know my 8-cell battery has at least 40%+ of its charge remaining, then when I hover over the indicator, or open the power manager, it will suddenly change (even without adjusting any settings) and say I have an hour or two of battery life remaining.  Could you direct me to some training information that you'd recommend so I could get more familiar with adjusting the power manager settings, and get a better understanding of the various indicators?  Meanwhile, I find myself using SimpleTap more and more, and really liking the convenience of it, so if there are going to be upcoming releases of SimpleTap, please post when such updates become available.

Options

5556 Posts

04-25-2008

United States of America

39907 Signins

765723 Page Views

• Views: 765723
  • Message 12 of 14

2010-07-30, 22:24 PM
USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Options

3 Posts

03-31-2010

UK

6 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 13 of 14

2010-08-26, 6:44 AM

I would like to offer a simpler solution:

To get an image for your tile(optional):

Set the view inside a folder that contains a folder (eg C: ) to 'Extra Large Icons' and then use Snipping Tool from the start menu (Windows 7) to copy a folder image and save it.

OR

Open a command prompt (type 'CMD' into the search box on the Start Menu) and cd into C:\Windows. Then type

dir /s folder.ico

and if there is a folder icon around, Windows will find it for you. Copy down the path for later.

To make the tile:

1) Open the folder that you wish to have a shortcut to.

2) Single click in the address bar at the top to convert the path from e.g. Computer > Local Disk (C: ) > Program Files > Stuff to C:\Program Files\Stuff

3) Copy the new file path (Ctrl + C).

4) Start the Simpletap icon creation as normal (start Simpletap, press +).

5) Select "I want this tile to Open a webpage".

6) Replace the "http://" in the address box to "file://" and then paste (Ctrl + V) the file path in, so it looks like file://C:\Program Files\Stuff

7) Don't click 'Get Icon'. Choose your own tile image (you have to) and you're done.

I hope that helps.

Mario

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

Slovakia

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 14 of 14

Simiple Tap 3.0 and Lenovo App Shop icon

2012-01-19, 22:35 PM
Post moved to start new thread

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms