Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

11-20-2010

Fresno, CA

8 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 1 of 4

T510 Wifi not seen by Access Connections Win7

2010-11-20, 1:38 AM

This problem is driving me nuts, it's the first time I've encountered it. The T60s and X61s work fine on Win7 x64. This T510, however, only works as long as I either use the Intel ProSet or the built-in Windows wireless handler, which isn't going to work for me at all, because of different proxy settings.

I've used System Update to make sure everything is there and up to date. I installed the Intel Advanced-N 6200 driver from the lenovo site. I can press Fn+F5 and get the wireless screen, but I can't power on the 802.11, nor can I apply the wireless profile from Access Connections. When I try, I get "Connection Failed" while waiting for association. However, the wireless actually does connect, and Access Connections lists it as Windows Wireless Manager. The wireless also works fine using either Windows or ProSet on their own, but that won't switch my printers and proxy properly.

Help, I'd like to manage all of my wireless through Access Connections like I do on all of the other laptops. I've been uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and different versions of Lenovo software all day.

Options

128 Posts

10-22-2008

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

241 Signins

2214 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2214
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: T510 Wifi not seen by Access Connections Win7

2010-11-20, 2:53 AM

I don't even own a laptop, so don't get me wrong by trying to assist. But I suppose it will help if you mention the driver versions and AC versions that have worked and/or are not working for you. Maybe even post their links.

My guess is that if you have installed both driver & AC versions mentioned in the current T510 driver matrix, you shouldn't be running against any problems. Otherwise lots of other users would have been complaining about the issue already as well.

btw, out of experience never entirely rely on what SU pulls off the net for your machine.

Options

10 Posts

11-20-2010

Fresno, CA

8 Signins

112 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2010-11-20, 5:39 AM

Good point. I just used SU to get the hotkey and all of the misc pieces I forgot to download. The versions I have are:

Access Connections: 5.72 Win7 x64

Centrino Advanced-N 6200: 13.3.0.24, with and without the ProSet utilities (Also tested 13.02.0000 and one from the Intel site, which was identical to Lenovo's as far as I could tell)

Both of those were downloaded by themselves. Still testing a few more things before I go home for the weekend.

Options

10 Posts

11-20-2010

Fresno, CA

8 Signins

112 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2010-11-20, 6:05 AM

By uninstalling Acess Connections and reinstalling it, I was at least able to get the Fn+F5 switch working again. It still won't associate, but for now I'll live with it, using access connections to set the profile configuration and then letting windows make the actual association. I can't help but wonder if it's because Windows or Intel is taking over the association, but even when I prevent Windows from doing so, I can't get AC to connect. Oh well.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms