07-28-2010

Sweden

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 2

T60-hassle with Rescue and Recovery -- but, still in Boot or Start-up

2010-07-28, 12:46 PM

Hi, using an Undelete-program I finally managed to remove a failing Rescue and Recovery (RnR) 3.01.x. Now, trying to install RnR 4.21.x, it says that it's 'not enough space in Startup'.

Q: How do I ensure a correct reset of either smb or whatever further space used by RnR, making space available for RnR 4.21 boot routines?

Running a T60 -- Type 1951-45G.

Anyone, like Herik or such having an answer?

//bopper 

Options

1593 Posts

07-17-2009

Slovakia

576 Signins

12029 Page Views

• Views: 12029
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T60-hassle with Rescue and Recovery -- but, still in Boot or Start-up

2010-08-10, 18:02 PM

Hi,

maybe one of the below links may help you out:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73630#3

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73630#10

Although based on your description, it might be, that none of it will fit you.

OK, so in case you uninstalled older verison of RnR, then please check whether this previous version of RnR was using a physical Recovery partition. If it does, then this error might indicate, that this partition is too small for the new files that should be copied to this location from the new version of RnR.

I have also seen this kind of error by installation on Win7, where the RnR application tried to place the preboot files into the 100MB partiiton, that is by default created by Win7 installation disk. As you mentioned, that you have been using 3.x version, then I assume, that you are on XP as the OS, Is that right?

One of the other options might be, that your antivir might be blocking the functionality/installation of RnR as RnR is accessing protected system files.

Also please make sure, that all the files from the older RnR version are deleted and you have the latest version of CSS (Client Security Solution) also installed on your system.

Any additional info is appreciated, as I can try to repro this situation in our lab.

Cheers

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete