Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-12-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Message Client Loader using 30% CPU on X1 Windows 10

2020-05-12, 15:38 PM

On my X1 running under Windows 10, the Task Manager shows that the  ThinkPad Message Client Loader (Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader) is constantly consuming close to 30% CPU.  This is abnormal.  How may I debug this or disable the Hotkey Client Loader?

Answer
Options

2 Posts

05-12-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

Re:ThinkPad Message Client Loader using 30% CPU on X1 Windows 10

2020-05-12, 22:18 PM

Thanks, the problem goes away after I rebooted it again and all is well now.

Before this happened I had a blank screen problem on the X1 with only the cursor and ctl-alt-del did not work.  I eventually managed to force a reboot by holding the power off key with Shift key.  It started up normally with the desktop but shows a blank white screen when I started firefox browser.  Since this could be corruption from recent application installs, so I went to Setting-->Add & features to uninstall the itune and Cisco Webex updates that were most recently installed.  Reboot and everything works.... except the ThinkpPad Message Client Loader is using 30% CPU.  Finally,  one more reboot is all is back to normal now.

Replies(2)
Options

7262 Posts

10-29-2009

United States of America

17929 Signins

168595 Page Views

• Views: 168595
  • Message 2 of 3

2020-05-12, 18:36 PM

That is definitely not normal.  What model ThinkPad do you have?  Does the problem stop if you reboot?  If so, have you figured out what make it start happening again?

Answer
Options

2 Posts

05-12-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2020-05-12, 22:18 PM

Thanks, the problem goes away after I rebooted it again and all is well now.

Before this happened I had a blank screen problem on the X1 with only the cursor and ctl-alt-del did not work.  I eventually managed to force a reboot by holding the power off key with Shift key.  It started up normally with the desktop but shows a blank white screen when I started firefox browser.  Since this could be corruption from recent application installs, so I went to Setting-->Add & features to uninstall the itune and Cisco Webex updates that were most recently installed.  Reboot and everything works.... except the ThinkpPad Message Client Loader is using 30% CPU.  Finally,  one more reboot is all is back to normal now.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms