Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

12-03-2009

Santa Barbara, California

6 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkVantage Client Security Solution 8.3 Conflicts With MS Office 2007 Applications

2009-12-03, 20:28 PM

This is my first post to the forums.  I hope I am putting this in the correct place.

I have a Thinkpad T61p system, and a ThinkPad T400, and I experienced a problem caused by the Client Security Solution 8.3 Software on both systems.  Initially on my new T400, then, when I had to go back to my old system as a result of the problem, I reproduced it exactly on my T61p.

Software Environment On BOTH T400 and T61p:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Microsoft Office 2007, ThinkVantage Client Security Solution 8.3

Problem Description:

When you install Client Security Solution 8.3, it causes you to lose control of your cursor placement in MS Office applications like Outlook E-mail messages, MS Word documents, Oultook calendar appointments etc.  You can begin to type the first sentence of a document or E-mail etc., but once you have hit the RETURN key, you lose the ability to use any pointing device (trackpoint, touchpad, external mouse, etc.) to place the cursor anywhere within your document, or to be able to select text using a pointing device.  The arrow keys still work, but pointing devices won't.  This makes it impossible to use MS Office applications.  You have to close the application and re-start it to get cursor placement back, and the next time you hit the RETURN key, you lose it again.

I isolated this on my two systems by doing a completely clean install of Windows 7, and then installing all of my base system applications (including anti-virus) one at a time, testing for the issue before and after installation of every application.  When you install Client Security, it generates the problem.  You uninstall it, and the problem goes away.

I have reported the bug to Lenovo's tech support, who recommended that I post about it here as well.  Hopefully they will get this fixed ASAP, as I am certain there are alot of folks who just bought Windows 7 Lenovo PC's that are going to run into this.  It is a big problem because it makes it impossible to do the things that most people need their computers for:  E-mails and MS Word documents.

If anyone has follow up questions, please post and I can provide you with whatever additional info I have.

Options

18 Posts

05-21-2009

california

293 Signins

1445 Page Views

• Views: 1445
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkVantage Client Security Solution 8.3 Conflicts With MS Office 2007 Applications

2009-12-04, 18:10 PM

This is reported at length in other posts.  Lenovo has been working on the solution for over a month.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Client-Security-Solution-and-Word-2007/td-p/168358

Options

1 Posts

01-29-2010

Buffalo, NY USA

3 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkVantage Client Security Solution 8.3 Conflicts With MS Office 2007 Applications

2010-01-29, 15:07 PM

I've encountered the same problem.   Is there a short-term work around?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms