Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-20-2017

Philippines

38 Signins

407 Page Views

• Views: 407
  • Message 1 of 1

[Thinkpad W530] Lenovo Recovery Failed

2017-12-20, 8:43 AM

Hello, I'm pretty new to the forums, and after searching for many solutions online, I only just figured I should have just turned here in the first place. This will be quite long so please bear with me.

I own a Lenovo W530 which I received back in 2012. Its OEM is a Windows 7 64-bit Professsional version. I upgraded it to Windows 10 about a year and a half ago, I think, during windows free upgrade. Then, in 2016, after I received a new SSD to replace the stock hard drive that came with the laptop, I cloned the contents of the stock drive and has used the SSD ever since.

After cloning the drive, I had fully formatted the W530's old stock drive to be used as a storage device, including the System DRV (D: ). The only thing I didn't alter was the Lenovo Recovery (Q: ), and I never altered the sizes of the partitions ever since the formatting.

However, my laptop came into contact with a nasty virus that forced me to do another reformat and reverted me back to windows 7. I also made the mistake of not doing a system backup first in case something went wrong.

Now, I've been trying to do a "Restore to Factory Settings" but could never fully reinstall because, according to what I found on other forums and tech help sites, it has something to do with missing OEMs that were included in the drive.

Is there a way to be able to restore the Lenovo Recovery partition? Do I have to order a replacement drive for my laptop to restore everything?

Thank you very much for taking the time, and hopefully, a solution is available.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)