Options

4 Posts

02-23-2008

NC

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 5

Want to recover Access Connection profiles from a backup following a reload of my computer - HOW?

2008-02-23, 0:28 AM
My computer had to be reloaded. I have a backup of my harddrive and would like to migrate the profiles to the new software image, but I can't figure out how to do this. Where are the profiles stored?
Options

1 Posts

03-18-2008

Dallas, Texas

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 2 of 5

Want to recover Access Connection profiles from a backup following a reload of my computer - HOW?

2008-03-18, 3:41 AM
Did you ever get an answer to this yet?
I am having the same issue.
Options

4 Posts

02-23-2008

NC

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: Want to recover Access Connection profiles from a backup following a reload of my computer

2008-03-18, 13:09 PM
My client support team was able to export the profiles for me, but without the security passwords, which is what I really wanted.  Apparently, you must have the adminstrator version of Access Connections in order to export and import the passwords.
Options

4 Posts

05-14-2008

work

5 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 4 of 5

Re: Want to recover Access Connection profiles from a backup following a reload of my computer

2008-05-14, 18:34 PM
Note that the administrator version is pretty easy to enable--just a small utility that enables the menu item "Profile Distribution." See the help file Manage Location Profiles/Import... This allows you to export .LOA files that include the security settings, not the .LOC files which do not hold the keys. You will have to know the keys so you can type them in while creating the package, but then you can import through the gui or command line using qctray.exe.

Now, if I can just find how to set the wireless connection control to manual...
Options

288 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 5 of 5

Re: Want to recover Access Connection profiles from a backup following a reload of my computer?

2008-05-15, 12:44 PM
Sorry, the profiles are stored in the registry and the password and keys are encrypted.  After all, don't want someone to be able to strip your encryption keys if they steal your hard drive..  ;)

The two options to backup your profiles are to export them (a .loc file) but that does not store any keys, or to create a deployment file (a .loa file) which is an encrypted file that can store your keys (and do much much more).  You can find more information from the User's Guide or the Deployment guide from the Access Connections download page.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete