Adelaide South Australia

3 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 1 of 2

X61 wireless access connections and radius server authentication

2008-03-15, 0:16 AM
Hello all,

Have a remotely located client with X61 vista business etc and is experienceing issues conneting to wireles access points with radius server login.
The initial web page appears and the login fields are presented but when the ok / proceed to authenticate button is clicked the access connections software I assume, then proceeds to search for an active connection and fails, I guess on the wireless and trys to dial up as a last resort.

The notebook hasnt been toublesome with wpa-psk type connections alone etc. This is occuring in the hotel at the moment and also with the qantas club access point. Looking like radius server authentication or some access connections issue not dealing with it well.

Has anyone experienced this?
Any clues?
Options

288 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X61 wireless access connections and radius server authentication

2008-03-17, 14:43 PM
Is this using Web page to get onto the internet like at an airport or hotel?  If so, I'd suspect more that the web pages aren't IE7 compatible...  That it tries to dial a connection is a setting in IE, not Access Connections.
But if you think it's an Access Connections issue, you can try uninstalling it (not your profiles) and see if the problem still happens.  You can always reinstall AC and your profiles will still be there.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete