Options

2 Posts

05-09-2008

US

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 9

"Use windows logon user name and password" option greyed out when using MS-CHAP-V2???

2008-05-09, 17:29 PM
When I configure the wireless network configuration to use WPA, AES,PEAP and MS-CHAP-V2 then click the enter user credentials button, the option for use windows logon id and password is not selectable. Anyone know why?

I don't want users to be prompted to enter an id and password evrerytime they go wireless, and I can't save the id and password, becuase some laptops may have multiple users, and the users will be changing their passwords on regulard intervals.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

thanks.
Options

289 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: "Use windows logon user name and password" option greyed out when using MS-CHAP-V2???

2008-05-14, 12:11 PM
Has to be enabled.

Open Configure, then Global Settings and check the second box. (Need to reboot)

Options

6 Posts

07-24-2008

Birmingham, AL

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 9

Re: "Use windows logon user name and password" option greyed out when using MS-CHAP-V2???

2008-07-24, 17:59 PM

Along this same vein.  I've double checked that this setting is enabled.  I've even reinstalled the suite, ensuring the option was checked during install and the option remains greyed on this client.  Anyone seen this occur?

Options

289 Posts

11-28-2007

US

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 4 of 9

2008-08-12, 13:53 PM

Usually means then that you have an additional GINA installed that Access Connections doesn't recognize, or that the GINA does not have the correct registry keys to allow chaining. (i.e. using a custom logon GINA, but just put it in SYSTEM32 without the needed registry keys for chaining).

Run REGEDIT and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Look for GinaDLL key.  A dll should be listed there.  Which ever program owns that DLL is the culprit.

Access Connections will put tvt_gina.dll there and then place the GINA it is chaining to in another key called BaseGina.

Options

6 Posts

07-24-2008

Birmingham, AL

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2008-08-12, 14:22 PM
I had assumed the issue might be tied to GINA.  I actually found what was causing the break and due to security policies for this account opted against making the change, instead we cached his login to the client.  Thanks for the reply, I'm sure it will help someone in the future.
Options

2 Posts

01-25-2009

US

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 6 of 9

2009-01-25, 19:21 PM

This is in reply of your reply against a posting of one of my friends  facing same problem I am having.

According to your suggestion "Usually means then that you have an additional GINA installed that Access Connections doesn't recognize, or that the GINA does not have the correct registry keys to allow chaining. (i.e. using a custom logon GINA, but just put it in SYSTEM32 without the needed registry keys for chaining).

Run REGEDIT and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Look for GinaDLL key.  A dll should be listed there.  Which ever program owns that DLL is the culprit.

Access Connections will put tvt_gina.dll there and then place the GINA it is chaining to in another key called BaseGina."

I am sorry I am not a well professional of computers. While tracing the above suggestion I reached till "Run REGEDIT and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Look for GinaDLL key.  A dll should be listed there.  Which ever program owns that DLL is the culprit."

I dont understand what to do next to it? I find the problem which is 100% the same you were discussing. I want to know how to rectify the problem after that? How can I edit the registry and what to edit?

Kindly reply at your earliest.

Regards.

Options

2 Posts

01-25-2009

US

7 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 7 of 9

2009-01-25, 19:26 PM
Also help me to add HIBERNATE option in options with STANDBY, SHUTDOWN & RESTART?
Options

5 Posts

03-30-2010

USA

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 8 of 9

2011-02-08, 18:42 PM

what is the break in security you are talking about?

I see this post from 2008 and here in 2011 I have the same issue.  How do so many more companies have this issue?  DO people just use windows to manage wireless?

Options

6 Posts

07-24-2008

Birmingham, AL

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2011-02-08, 18:58 PM
The break in security was a policy based one, not a technical one if I remember correctly (in a different sector of IT now - same company). This particular client used an additional RSA system that required possesion of GINA. LANOgre's solution may still work for you provided you don't have any policies or procedures internally that dictate you shouldn't make that change.

We still use the TV client to manage our wireless here, but I'm working internally with telecom to move to an eap-tls system to allow a more secure native solution. Large corporation, so changes like this rarely happen fast.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete