Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

04-15-2008

Bangalore, India

42 Signins

390 Page Views

• Views: 390
  • Message 1 of 4

thinkvantage rescue and recovery critical patch update - STUCK at 62% for a day!!

2008-11-30, 6:50 AM

Hi,

I was recently prompted by System Update that I need to immediately update my system of which Rescue and Recovery had a critical patch. I immediately started off the process. The downloads went off smoothly, but the installation of thinkvantage rescue and recovery critical patch is stuck and the overall progress shows 62%. There has been no change to this figure since the last 20 hours or so!!

Is there  anything I am missing?

Should I just discontinue the update? Or should I wait for few more hours? If I have to go with the second option, I can't stop myself from saying this is really frustrating piece of software in the system. One cannot wait for days for a critical sytem update installation!!!

Please advise,

Suddha Satta Ray

(running out of patience now!!!)

Options

4096 Posts

01-05-2008

Germany

22195 Signins

317435 Page Views

• Views: 317435
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: thinkvantage rescue and recovery critical patch update - STUCK at 62% for a day!!

2008-11-30, 7:12 AM

Helle ssray23,

don´t run out of patience!

Which patch do want to install? If the installation don´t work, then you should discontinue this process.

Here at my R60, SU shows a critical patch for download, even it´s installed since a long time.

Try this update later, at best after a fresh start of your system,

or leave it, if your system runs satisfactionally now.

@Mods_ May be this post should be located in thinkvantage section?

Message Edited by Agotthelf on 30-11-2008 08:13 AM

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Options

96 Posts

08-19-2008

United States

123 Signins

1632 Page Views

• Views: 1632
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: thinkvantage rescue and recovery critical patch update - STUCK at 62% for a day!!

2008-11-30, 21:32 PM
It's also possible that you have some type of security software that is blocking the installation of the update. Norton has been known to do this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ignorance is no excuse!
Options

46 Posts

11-17-2008

West Coast, US

494 Signins

4731 Page Views

• Views: 4731
  • Message 4 of 4

2008-11-30, 23:22 PM
turn off your firewall......or perhaps there is a firewall message below another open application?

ThinkPad user since 1994

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms