Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

09-18-2008

TX

46 Signins

422 Page Views

• Views: 422
  • Message 1 of 6

what exactly does "rejuvenate my system" do??

2008-09-18, 18:20 PM
have never run it, but didn't it to change any settings, etc... What exactly does it do and to what files/programs?? Thanks for the info
Options

83 Posts

06-01-2008

Dallas

116 Signins

3849 Page Views

• Views: 3849
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: what exactly does "rejuvenate my system" do??

2008-09-21, 1:32 AM

untmom2003,

Description of Rejuvenation copied from the Rescue & Recovery Help window:  

Rejuvenating your system

When you select to rejuvenate your system, the Rescue and Recovery(TM) program optimizes system performance by completing the following actions:

• Performs a new incremental backup of your system. This backs up all new or changed files so that all current files are saved in a backup.

• Defragments your hard drive and backup files. This maximizes the performance of your hard drive and backups so that all your data is stored in the same place on your hard disk. This enables your data to be located and displayed more quickly.

• Restores your operating system and application files from a backup of your choice. This enables you to choose which backup to use to restore your computer. You might want to choose a particular backup that you know to be free of viruses, adware or spyware. Or, if you are having serious problems with your operating system or applications, you might choose to restore files that you backed up before you started having problems.

• Restores you current settings and some personal data from the registry. This enables your computer to retain the features that you had previously set up.

The rejuvenation process maintains your current settings and data while helping to eliminate viruses, adware and spyware. Applications installed or uninstalled after the selected backup was created might need to be installed again to function correctly. This operation might take some time.

Options

18 Posts

09-18-2008

TX

46 Signins

422 Page Views

• Views: 422
  • Message 3 of 6

2008-09-21, 13:55 PM

so does it use my recovery disks? Or does it run from the hard disk? I have never done the "backup" thing on it (always just use external drive and online Carbonite) bc my hard disk space is limited and I dind't think it had enough space to do it. Do you pick a system restore point like from the Windows System restore?

Thanks for any info.

Options

1 Posts

06-11-2010

England

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 4 of 6

2010-06-11, 8:32 AM

Hi,

I rejuvenated my system not realizing that it deletes my files is there anyway I can get them back?

Options

2 Posts

12-22-2010

Canada

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 6

2011-02-04, 18:12 PM

If the files were replaced with older versions of files or simply removed two things might have happened.  It is possible that in the process the MFT record of your file was deleted AND the data where that MFT record pointed was overwritten.  In this case the recovery process is difficult at best and likely impossible.  In the case where you recovered you computer to a state where significantly less of your hard drive was being used, then you might be able to still access the "free space" where the data portion of your files was written.  You can use some specialized software to recognize these file fragments in the "free space" and resore them.  Just make sure you don't write anything else to the free space in the meantime or you may overwrite them.  A product I have had a lot of success with in this process is R-Studio.  It is well worth the money for situations like this (and you can use the trial version to see if it will find anything first but you will need to purchase it to recover the files unless they are very small files).  R-Studio can not only find files in the current file system that have been deleted but it can also find files from a PREVIOUS file system, which is likely what you will need to do in your case (depending on how Lenovo handels this kind of restoration).

Options

3 Posts

02-13-2011

Newark, DE

14 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 6 of 6

2011-02-13, 23:25 PM

Actually, you may have the recent state of your computer saved in C:\RRbackups  .  You will only be able to examine it in Safe mode, but you may find that it has many data files dated from when you performed your rejuvenation.  You can also check your registry under HKLM/software/Lenovo/rescue and recovery/Backups - there may be a listing for a "Pre-rejuvenation" backup.

Now that I've suggested all your data is still on your hard drive.....I have no clue how to get it back, since that backup is probably not listed in your RnR recovery points.

If someone knows what to do next, I'd also appreciate the insight.  The backup files are in the form that RnR should be able to unpack and reverse your rejuvenation, if it could be told to do so.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms