Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmilling
Punch Card
Views: 322
Message 1 of 1

Access Connections 6.25.65 causes long first login after reboot

On W540 with SSD, Windows 7 Pro SP1 with updates and running ThinkVantage Access Connections v6.24.64 -- all work well and with first login after reboot of about 10-15 seconds.  Installed Access Connections v6.25.65 and after that the first login after reboot takes about 2-3 minutes.  Over 1 minute of that with blank/black screen.

Using MSCONFIG and selective services restart to narrow down to AcPrfMgrSvc as the cause.  When this service is enable that first login after reboot takes a long time.   Disabling just that one service and the first login after reboot returns to about 10-15 seconds.  AcPrfMgrSvc is reportedly the Access Connections Profile Manager service.

Uninstalled Access Connections v6.25.65 and rebooted.  First login was the expected short 10-15 seconds.  Reinstalled v6.25.65 and ensured that the AcPrfMgrSvc service was enabled and the first login after reboot was the expected long 2-3 minutes.

So, I uninstalled Access Connecton v6.25.65 and for now I am running without that utility.  I'll wait for the next verson and hope that it restore the relatively quick first login after reboot that was typical of prior versions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors